Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open source learning management platform used by over 300 million learners worldwide. Developed together with our community, Moodle LMS is complemented by an ecosystem of products including Moodle Workplace and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customisations and support.
This is a great opportunity to join Moodle on its growth trajectory. We are looking for an exceptional Developer to join our team. Become a part of the team that is dedicated to empowering educators to improve our world through enabling best-practice online learning.
If you’re a Developer who enjoys learning and making an impact, all while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on!
Find out more about us on our website.
What your new job can look like…
Most days usually involve a mix of:
- Writing and reviewing code (predominantly PHP and JS) to improve the Moodle LMS product
- Implementing both front and backend for major new features based on UX prototypes
- Collaborating with your team members, other teams and the Moodle community
- Contributing to building a component library for the Moodle platform that will be used by developers worldwide as the source of truth for their Moodle UI developments
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
This role can be based anywhere in the Asia-Pacific region! In Australia as a permanent employee, or anywhere else in APAC as an independent contractor. Just let us know where you are when you apply.
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Bonus if you also have high level Software Engineer experience working with:
- Developing performant and accessible user interfaces
- Open source projects
- Writing unit tests and behat tests
- Experience working in a large-scale development environment
- Ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fluency in English
- While experience developing Moodle customisations, plugins or themes will be highly regarded, this is not essential
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world and our passion for our values.
So what about this?!
- A truly flexible working environment
- A fully remote role, with access to our co-working space if you are based in Perth
- Gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers
- Ability to work with a global team on a worldwide platform and make a real difference
- The knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
- Excellent benefits, like an extra 7 days paid leave, choose your own benefits, flexible public holidays, learning and development allowance and many more!
Does all this sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply
- Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add… in English, please
- Press send.
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.