THE ICONIC Tech is driven by innovation and quality is highly valued. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting THE ICONIC each month, it's guaranteed you're going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Our Engineering Department plans, builds and maintains the technology that drives THE ICONIC. Our ability to deliver fast, safe and scalable solutions are critical in delivering first-class experiences to our customers. Our teams are organised by business domain and take ownership of everything they do in a you built it, you own it, model.
A bit about the role
As a Senior Back End Developer with our Engineering Team at THE ICONIC, you will be collaborating to develop our cutting-edge e-commerce platform to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people.
What you'll do
- Work in an agile environment to develop a best-in-market experience for THE ICONIC customers
- Write and maintain clean and well-tested code
- Deploy microservices using infrastructure as code technologies, CI/CD (Bamboo), Terraform
- Work on distributed systems at scale with high traffic workloads
- Collaborate with other software engineers and stakeholders in your team to build and maintain APIs in our microservices architecture (Kubernetes)
Here's what you need to set you off on an ICONIC Journey
- Proficiency in PHP
- Experience building applications in a major framework e.g. Symfony, Laravel
- Familiarity with agile and lean software engineering
- Understanding of fundamental engineering concepts - SOLID principles, clean code, design patterns, testing
- Awareness of major cloud provider (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience designing and integrating APIs - RESTful API
- Familiarity with RDBMS databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc)
- Understanding of unit testing and related frameworks such as Jest, PHPUnit
Here's some extra things you may bring to the table
- Exposure to Docker in production (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Exposure to modern DevOps practices - QA Automation, Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)
- Exposure to automated deployments (CI/CD)
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and learning bank
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sale
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]