Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open source learning management platform used by over 250 million learners worldwide. Developed in conjunction with our community, Moodle LMS is complemented by an ecosystem of products including Moodle Workplace and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customisations and support. We also teach and support educators to create effective online learning experiences and share open education resources. Collectively, we empower educators to improve our world.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
Find out more about us on our website.
What your new job can look like…
The Moodle Academy Developer Educator will work closely with the Moodle Academy team to develop the technical aspects of the Moodle Academy website. This role will also be responsible for the creation of the Moodle Academy Developer courses and programs.
With the pace of Moodle, no two days will ever be the same! But most days will involve a mix of:
- Work with community members to build courses on Moodle Academy.
- Develop Moodle Academy theme.
- Contribute to the identification and testing of existing Moodle plugins, or the scoping of new plugins, to support the activities of Moodle Academy.
- Write and run manual, unit and behat tests for Quality Assurance (QA).
- Debug and resolve coding issues.
- Run ABC Learning Design workshops with community members to build courses.
- Develop code snippets and example apps for use in courses and documentation.
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Learning Technology to build online courses.
- Demonstrated experience of Moodle theme and code development.
- PHP programming skills.
- Ability to develop user-centered and professional user interface designs.
- Understanding of databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of performance, object oriented principles, design patterns and security.
- Ability to write quality, well-tested code that meets requirements
- A positive, intuitive and clear communicator (both written and verbal English)
- Experience producing technical documentation, including step-by-step help articles, technical blog posts and support tickets.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a strong team player who contributes to overall team goals and projects.
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world, our passion for our values and some of the cool things we are doing as a company.
So what about this?!
- A truly flexible role - working from home!
- Work at a place that genuinely improves the world.
- Plus, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary!
Does all this sound good? If yes…
Click on the following link to apply
Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add…
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.