Brighte is on a mission to make every home sustainable.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 80,000 households. These installations could generate 34+ Gigawatt-hours of clean energy - enough to prevent the emission of over 25 million metric tonnes of CO2e!
Awarded Outstanding Fintech Leader of the Year (Finnies 2021), our Founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business.
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
Like what you’ve read so far? Read on for info on this role..
Snapshot of Brighte
Location: Sydney, Australia
Team & Reporting: Engineering Manager.
Tech stack: React, React Native, Node, TypeScript, AWS, Microservice Architecture, Event Driven Architecture.
Funding: Series C, Total funding Amount: $306.5M, IPO status: Private, Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners continue to help us scale our teams and products.
Noteworthy: Female Founder, recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies - ranked 6th fastest growing Technology Business in Australia in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2020).
Awards & Recognition: Top 10 StartUp, Finnies 2021– Outstanding Fintech Leader of the year, Katherine McConnel,
Finnies 2021 - Best Workplace Diversity,
Australian Growth Company Awards 2021 – Women in Leadership Award, Katherine McConnel,
Environmental Finance Bond Awards 2021 – Green Bond of the Year.
LinkedIn Life Page - https://www.linkedin.com/company/brighte/life/79e04104-d2f2-4bbc-b871-922d742c5717/
Capital Raises - https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/brighte
Top 10 StartUps - https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6846231864437542912/
Best Work Place Diversity Award - https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6854229533877506048/
Parental Leave Policy - https://www.brighte.com.au/blog/brightes-updated-paid-parental-leave
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will:
- Build scalable and robust systems in the backend and ensure high quality of delivery.
- Love coaching & mentoring the team and work through technical decisions.
- Conduct code reviews and keep up with industry best practices and new technologies, learning & implementing the latest trends.
- Help to define, advocate, and implement best practices and coding standards of the team.
- Enable peers to perform tests and integration tests for the entire system in a reliable, secure, and productive way.
- Promote a collaborative work environment, and keep on asking for code review and the feedback from your peers.
This job is for you if you:
- Highly capable and driven individual with a passion for tech in multiple domains.
- Able to flex your strong communication skills and act as a bridge between teams.
- Collaborative and have a customer centric approach at the forefront of your work.
- A critical thinker with the ability to overcome technical challenges logically and efficiently.
- You are hungry to learn new skills, share the knowledge with your team and expand your horizon.
- You are pro-active, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to work autonomously.
Year One Key Deliverables & Challenges:
- You'll help us rebuild our web portals and mobile apps for our vendors and customers.
- Working closely with our Growth and Operation team to build beautiful UI to help Brighte understand customers behaviour.
- Participate in our Frontend Guild sessions and share your knowledge of new tools/frameworks.
- Help to recruit new team members as we scale our team even further.
- Working closely with Leads and Principals to shape Brighte's future products.
- Building strong relationship across product and design to deliver on key initiatives.
At Brighte, we have five key values:
🏐 Call the Ball - We take ownership, think with initiative and challenge the status quo.
💡 Brighter Together - We’re collaborators who treat each other with respect and embrace our differences.
🏆 Deserve the Customer - We’re obsessed with solving customer problems.
🤓 Be Human - We’re authentic and not afraid to be ourselves.
🌱 Think Big, Stay Green - We’re scaling but we haven’t lost our start up hustle.
Named LinkedIn’s #10 Top Australian Start Up (2021), we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without our investors, who believe in our mission and the opportunities that lie ahead for a brighter future.
Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital, and Qualgro Partners all continue to support Brighte in making this dream a reality!
If you want to join this mission-driven, inclusive, and highly collaborative team, click apply and upload your resume! All applicants will receive a response.