Hi, We’re hipages. Australia's largest online tradie marketplace.
We're Australia's largest online tradie marketplace, where our team gets to help shape the on-demand tradie economy. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds. Our purpose of Creating Happier homes through Effortless Home Improvement drives our curious, creative and energised team to achieve this.
How you make an impact:
As our Head of User Acquisition , you will be responsible for setting the acquisition strategy on both sides of our marketplace (consumer and tradie). You will lead a team of smart, data-driven marketers to ensure hipages meets our user acquisition targets. The responsibility is substantial, but so is the level of support. Your success will be defined by your unique ability to find new, scalable ways to grow our user base of consumers and tradies.
How you will add value:
- By investing in the development of your team, you will ensure hipages is positioned to pursue bigger, better, more effective acquisition activities.
- Consistently achieve tradie acquisition targets. Our primary revenue stream is from subscription tradie fees, so ensuring we can consistently hit our tradie qualified leads targets
- Help grow the number of ‘jobs’ posted on hipages by a further 10% this financial year. In order to achieve this target, we need to find new acquisition activities to complement our current user acquisition battlefields of SEM & SEO.
- You will combine your broad knowledge across concepts like inbound marketing, user experience, acquisition loops, growth marketing, app virality, SEO, SEM, referral programs and conversion optimization to come up with new, innovative ways to improve acquisition.
- Drive a culture of collaboration, respect and ownership. Key to your success will be the ability to navigate across teams and drive alignment and collaboration to ensure you can execute across multiple customer touchpoints without drama or resentment.
- 8+ years experience in a role primarily focussed on user acquisition for a digital product.
- Experience marketing digital products to small businesses: ideally, to sole traders or small-to-medium sized businesses.
- A deep understanding of 4-5 of the following disciplines, and a working knowledge of the rest: SEO, customer journey mapping, B2B lead generation, B2B lead nurturing, Inbound marketing, content marketing, landing page management, sales funnel optimization, growth marketing, performance marketing or mid-funnel marketing.
- Knowledge of / experience in website management, with deep martech landscape knowledge highly favoured.
- 3+ years experience leading a team of marketers, engineers, analysts etc.
- SAAS or online marketplace experience is highly favoured.
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit, and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location-based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties, and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!