Who is Sidekicker
Sidekicker is one of Australia’s most exciting home-grown startups.
Launched in 2013, and backed by SEEK with 5 offices across Australia and New Zealand, Sidekicker is now Australia and New Zealand’s largest online staffing platform, using technology to radically improve how businesses hire and manage casual, temporary and contract staff.
Sidekicker employs over 10,000 casual staff, or Sidekicks, seamlessly connecting them with businesses hiring staff across hospitality, events, mobility, white-collar, industrial, horticulture and promotions.
The Sidekicker Acquisition team is charged with bringing Sidekickers awesome market-disrupting technology to new clients across Australia and NZ. As such, the team is made up of inbound and outbound sales and delivery functions to our core customer types of mid-market and enterprise customers across all verticals, who are seeking a better solution to their casual labour needs, bringing in quality customers who are then passed onto the Customer teams who then deliver on the job to be done - finding labour.
Sidekicker is expanding its focus on mid-market customers, and the mid-market sales and business development executives are charged with helping us grow and secure demand and requests for workers from new customers. The role will include in and outbound sales call's mainly using phone, email and online channels.
The role involves
- Prospect for and cultivate leads
- Execute sales opportunities
- Cold calling leads through phone, email and other channels such as zoom and other video conferencing as required
- Lead qualification and lead enrichment activities
- Demo Sidekicker via phone to potential customers and understand their needs
- Develop and pitch proposals
- Close transactions and deals
- Manage your own pipeline and work activities and maintain accurate data around opportunities, sales activities and revenue projections in CRM
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets to secure new business
- Cultivate positive external relationships on behalf of and to the benefit of Sidekicker
- Exemplify Sidekicker values and promote brand positioning throughout your identified market
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Sidekicker platform and services
- Make our product better by capturing market intelligence and reporting back to your manager
- 2+ years experience in phone sales or related role
- Hungry for sales
- Compelling and confident communicator (on phone, in writing)
- Ability to tell the story of brand, product & content in an irresistible manner
- Negotiation skills
- Tenacity and persistence
- You enjoy working in the ‘grey’, where there is no set answer or playbook
- You enjoy the challenge of problem-solving, with a demonstrated history of identifying commercial feasible and innovative solutions to problems
- You are not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves and support customers to solve their problems
- Ability to filter the signal from the noise to identify the core customer and technical problems to solve
Why we think you will love Sidekicker
There’s so much more to working at Sidekicker than disrupting how businesses hire casual and temporary staff. We developed our Sidekicker Plus program to bring together all of the awesome people benefits and perks you can enjoy as part of your journey with us. We offer flexibility (including work from anywhere for up to 8 weeks a year), generous leave and parental leave options, exclusive access to discounts, wellbeing programs, volunteer days and lots of opportunities for development and fun.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We stand out from the crowd because we invest in our entire ecosystem from staff to business customers and Sidekicks. Yeah, sure, we run an amazing platform, but we know that the secret sauce to success is making sure everyone has a voice, and everyone is represented and respected.
At Sidekicker, we are committed to an inclusive culture that values the diversity of thought, opinion and background and where all employees have equal access to opportunities. We love that our current team is made up of more than 20 different cultures and we are excited for this representation across our business to continue to grow.
If you need any modifications, please let our talent team know and they will be happy to assist.
So, what are you waiting for?
Send us your cover letter and resume!