Nomad Atomics is on a mission to make the broad uptake of quantum sensing a reality and simultaneously push the limits of our field beyond what we think is possible. We are building the world’s most advanced fit-for-purpose quantum sensors to allow us to see the world like never before.
Our team is made up of leaders in the quantum sensing field. We believe the time for commercial quantum sensing has come, and we are determined with making it happen.
We are growing here at Nomad Atomics – FAST. We are searching for people who want to finally take the commercial sensing game into the modern era of technology.
Who you are
You are a voracious learner, a problem solver, and a doer. Be ready to do almost anything and just get stuff done! You are driven by building things from scratch with a jack of all trades mentality. You are fascinated by emerging technologies and excited help build a company with ground-breaking ideas.
You are looking for a role to take your skills and implement them in a fast-paced start-up environment. It’s ok if you don’t have significant experience or are new to the commercial sector, we are all in this together. If you’re anything like us, you love a challenge and use your skills and creativity to solve anything that come your way.
Working hand in hand with the co-founders, this role engages with all parts of the business, from administration, HR, finance, operations, to technical staff, translating technology development to real world applications and customers.
Under the broad direction of the co-founders you will:
· Manage day-to-day financial tasks, such as paying bills and issuing invoices.
· Monitor spending and provide insights for better financial budgeting and forecasting.
· Ensure the business meets all regulatory requirements and has necessary insurance.
· Tracking and recording of statistics for the engineering department and business development teams.
· Prepare accurate reports for the board and founders.
· Implement effective recruitment, development, appraisal, compensation, and retention schemes.
· Ensure the team has the needed facilities, equipment, and software.
· Schedule appointments, arrange travel schedules and reservations, supervise calendars for the team.
· Assist with external communications.
It’s not about specifically where you have come from nor what qualifications you have. What truly matters is that you are an impossibly fast learner with skills like:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field.
· Experience in operational finance, and financial management.
· A willingness to step outside your comfort zone to acquire new knowledge and skills.
· Demonstrated strong sense of curiosity and a genuine passion for continuous learning.
· Ability to embrace ambiguity and demonstrate a willingness to acknowledge and explore unknowns.
· Self-motivated and works independently while fostering effective collaboration within cross-functional teams
The nuts and bolts:
The role is full-time and based in Melbourne, Australia.
We have the flexibility to work from home from time to time, but the in-person interaction with our tech team will be critical.
We offer a competitive salary, employee share option package and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Must have current full working rights in Australia.
If you think you’re right for the role, but don’t have some of these skills, reach out – we’d love to talk anyway.