- Flexible work environment – 2021 HRNZ Award-winning for innovation.
- Based in Christchurch, but open to candidates able to work remotely from any location within New Zealand, or at one of our other Jade office locations in Auckland or Dunedin
- Great opportunity to further your career in a dynamic team environment
- Health insurance, life and income protection, home broadband allowance and other great benefits provided alongside a competitive remuneration package
- Wellbeing initiatives that provide support and help you be at your best
- Applications for this vacancy will close on Tuesday 7 December 2021
Jade Software Corporation is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our delivery team and be involved in an exciting project. You'll be working in a dynamic team environment and will be ensuring that designed solutions are valuable by using quality testing processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant, you will be provided with on-the-job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package that includes several first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance, a home broadband allowance, and depending on your location, carparking may be included.
Your wellbeing is important to us, and our wellbeing initiatives at Jade are there to provide support and help you be physically and mentally at your best.
At Jade Software Corporation, our 2021 HRNZ Award-winning Hybrid Way of Working enables our people the flexibility to combine working from home with connection days in the office. Our people love coming to work because we’re always working on something innovative and inspiring, and we can’t wait for more people like you to join us.
Our three values are People first, Live for the future, & Dare to be different. These values underpin everything we do at Jade. We never lose sight of people, their potential, and the innovative ways they can achieve that potential through technology. Your wellbeing is important to us, and our wellbeing initiatives at Jade are there to provide support and help you be physically and mentally at your best.
Our commitment to our customers’ future success defines us. Through passionate employees like you, we’re always looking for new ways of combining the power of People, Data, and Software, to make technology meaningful and accessible. This approach enables our customers to evolve in the fields of customer engagement, retention, and business efficiency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your key focus in this role will be to contribute to the success of a team that is responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new solutions for Jade and its clients.
You will ensure that designed solutions are valuable by using quality testing processes according to specific work packages and client needs, all in accordance with designated company standards of methodology, style, and quality.
The role will involve you working closely with a client team and requires you to communicate technical issues and decisions clearly and proactively with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering quality application changes across various platforms through analysis, planning, creation and execution of test cases and procedures
- Working with the project team to analyse all relevant documents for assigned projects to determine testing requirements
- Executing test cases for all assigned projects/enhancements
- Raising any defects found during test and escalating in accordance with set procedures
- Tracking progress of allocated test designs and test cases to ensure testing deadlines will be met
- Working collaboratively with the client and other team members to deliver a quality product that meets user requirements
- Actively contributing to client support activities
- Supporting the team to build quality into the product and development processes
- Supporting and developing the ways of working to align with Agile development and client practices
As the successful candidate, you will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a software tester in a software development environment is essential, but 3 – 5 years of experience is preferred
- A relevant IT tertiary qualification is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of software development process and practice, e.g. Kanban and Agile methodologies
- The ability to use one or more automated test frameworks
- Experience testing web-based applications
- The ability to write your own test scripts
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong problem diagnosis and investigation skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
View a Position Description for this role here: Quality Assurance Engineer Position Description
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU'VE APPLIED
- You'll receive an email acknowledging your application
- Our team will review your application and you'll hear from us within 1 - 2 weeks of the job closing
- If shortlisted, you'll be invited to complete a phone-based interview
- You may be asked to complete an online assessment to understand your technical capabilities
- If successful, you'll progress to the interview stage, which will involve a two-stage interview process and may include psychometric, verbal, numerical, and abstract reasoning assessments