Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Analyst, FP&A, you’ll support our budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes. You will play a key role in supporting senior members of the team to develop financial models, define processes, and drive alignment in our global ways of working across our commercial finance team. To be a success you will combine a love for developing and maintaining easy-to-use financial models with commercial nous to understand what makes our business (financially!) tick.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Contribute to the month-end reporting process, producing analysis and insights for senior management including the CFO, CEOs and the Board
- Draft the distribution of daily performance reporting to the executive management team
- Support driving alignment in the approach to financial planning and analysis with all global Finance team members through defining standard ways of working, documenting FP&A processes, and leading internal training
- Support and collaborate with Financial Control on their management of the Chart of Accounts (COA) and all transactional level reporting
- Assist senior leaders in coordinating and delivering the annual budget and regular forecast processes at a group level
- Develop and maintain financial models and templates that will be used by team members globally, ensuring that the models evolve to business needs and changing requirements
- Work with other team members, including Financial Performance, Financial Control, Finance Transformation, and other functions to deliver continuous improvements
- Be a key player in the development, adoption, and enhancement of relevant finance systems
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for getting into the financial detail and collaborating with others to develop solutions
- Your excellent financial modelling and data analysis skills will be critical to success in this role
- You are ideally CPA/CA qualified with experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- You have the ability to concisely and effectively distil information into key performance drivers
- You have some experience working with a Tier 1 ERP system
- You’re comfortable problem solving logically and quickly by presenting alternatives, analysing each alternative and providing a recommended option
- You have an improvement mindset with a desire to deliver best practice systems and processes
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.