Did you know that only 5% of furniture in Australia is purchased online? Consumers' behaviour & expectations are changing and herein lies the opportunity at Brosa, with our digital-first approach to changing the way Australians shop for furniture.
Brosa’s mission is to "Make it simple to create a home you love" and we pride ourselves on delivering fantastic customer experiences. We’re one of Australia’s fastest-growing consumer brands and proud to be making waves in the $14B home & living industry. Founded in Melbourne in 2014, Brosa is backed by Australia’s most prominent and successful Tech Venture Capital funds, including AirTree Ventures and Bailador. We’re a team that’s thriving amid the global economic climate and we continue to double-down on our digital-first strategy to help fuel future growth.
About the role
In this role of Senior Product Manager, you’ll own the product strategy, roadmaps, and business impact for the technological products that enable Brosa to perform business operations more and more efficiently, at low-cost, in a holistic and reliable ecosystem, while also providing an excellent internal customer experience in terms of usage and onboarding. Internally we call this team “OpsTech”.
You will have a commitment to building a business-oriented function that delivers smooth and friendly user experience through stakeholder collaboration and research (e.g. process mapping) and data-driven analysis opportunities and priorities, establishing effective metrics for measuring the success of any initiative, user-focused design, strong implementation process, and a test-measure-and-iterate culture.
- Establish a product vision and strategy for our business operations technology stack (what we call internally, “OpsTech”)
- Collaborate with all business stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Last Mile Delivery, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Customer Service, Sales, Finance) to create technology roadmaps revolved around Company-level focuses
- Understand holistically and deeply the full extent of any business problem, breaking ambiguous problems down into discrete and solvable drivers
- Laser focus on high priority and high value efforts, identified based on data analysis and evidence
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering Lead and Engineering Manager to define the technological solution, the approach and scope of initiatives
- Manage multiple competing priorities and be accountable to stakeholders across different levels of the organisation on the solutions and outcomes
- Make buy vs. build decisions for parts of tech stack, and select and manage 3rd party vendors where appropriate
- Recruit and develop new team members to build Brosa’s Product Management and Technology functions
This role will report to the Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer and partner very closely with our Engineering Manager & Engineering Tech Lead, as well Operational stakeholders in the business such as our COO, CFO, Head of Operations, Head of Sales, Head of Customer Service, etc.
You are welcome to apply even if your experience is not an exact match with those listed below, because we value the ability and willingness of candidates to learn on-the-job, which is why we focus on value-alignment during hiring.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management, Product Consulting, Engineering Leadership or similar positions, ideally in a technology start-up or ecommerce environment
- Experience establishing technology roadmaps and strategy collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Technical proficiency - a grasp of what’s ‘easy and hard to build’
- Proficiency in data-driven decision making (proficiency in Excel; experience with SQL)
- Clear and influential communicator, to all levels of the organisation (executive team, functional leaders, to operators in the business)
- Entrepreneurial nature: ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, be impact-oriented but flexible and innovative in your approach, and able to move quickly to capture opportunities
- Business operations and logistics experience, preferably in an ecommerce retailer setting
- Experience evaluating ‘Build vs Buy’ decisions, working with 3rd party vendors and experience implementing large scale enterprise systems
- Experience with user-research, web data analytics (e.g. Heap, Google Analytics) and A/B testing (e.g. VWO) and working with UI/UX designers
- Experience recruiting for, leading and managing a technology team
Interview process at Brosa
We honour and respect your time and interest in Brosa, so we are committed to enabling you to have the best interview experience possible. You can expect:
- We will provide prompt communication and helpful feedback
- We will spend time understanding what you need because we want to be a good fit for you too
- To meet recruiters and hiring managers that respect your time
- We will strive for a transparent and honest exchange
16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave (including adoption) - Supporting parents is vital, which is why we're proud to offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Flexible Working Arrangements - We trust you to get your work done and so we offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Remote Working Budget - If you work from home the majority of the time you’ll get a remote working budget to make sure your workspace enables you to do your best work.
Build Connections - We host regular celebrations and social events so you can connect with your team members.
Great Perks - You’ll enjoy a generous discount on Brosa products and paid leave on your Birthday.
Support - We believe supporting your mental health is fundamental, that is why we offer a weekly mindfulness practice and an Employee Assistance Program.
Brosa’s values and principles
Mission-Driven - Our team is made up of curious problem solvers who are all working together towards our mission - we’re in this together.
Innovative Founders - The founding members of Brosa have instilled an entrepreneurial spirit into every corner of the business. We’re encouraged to test and pursue our bold ideas.
Growth Mindset - We’re dedicated to learning as much as possible to reach our potential and position Brosa as a home and living industry leader.
Diversity - We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe this is key to our success because it enables us to develop new ways of working that drive innovation.
Customer Champions - At the core of everything we do, we are driven by a desire to deliver a fantastic experience that delights our customers.
Brosa’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe that diversity is critical to our success and one of our greatest strengths. We will not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.