🗺️ Company background
At Assignar we help companies optimise their construction projects by focusing on planning and operations. Our data-driven technology brings our customers transparency and efficiency. If you have a passion for solving complex problems, then you should consider joining our team!
🧐 Senior Backend Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer in Platform, you’ll be working closely with Product, the Technical Lead, and other stakeholders to solve ambitious and complex problems with far-reaching, real-world impact. From authentication and authorisation to real-time geolocation services, there’s no shortage of genuinely interesting work in our backlog! As part of this team, you’ll also be able to lay the architectural groundwork for other product teams, advocating for best practices and optimal developer experience.
If you’ve ever wanted to experience scaling a product with an active and engaged customer base, you’ve found the ideal opportunity with this role!
👩💻 Tech Stuff
- Minimum 5 years professional experience.
- Experience building complex SaaS applications, preferably using Python/Django.
- Strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases. We use MySQL and DynamoDB.
- Past experience architecting and implementing one or more of the following: Access control models, Domain-driven application design, Real-time, event-driven systems, REST and GraphQL APIs
- An eye for system performance metrics, optimising delivery, and enhancing monitoring. We rely heavily on DataDog and GitHub Actions.
- Demonstrated developer empathy and motivation to continuously improve the toolkit for fellow team members.
📻 Communication, behaviour & culture
- Act in the best interest of the team and the company
- Communicate effectively with your team and others
- Support an open, inclusive and positive culture within your team
- We expect you to have a bias for action
- You offer help and know when to ask for it too
- Be a team player. Both within your team and the broader Assignar Team. Work with others to achieve common goals
- Demonstrate effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts
💯 Nice to have that will set you apart
- An appreciation for functional programming and type systems, with a strong understanding of object oriented principles. We take a functional approach to Python and rely heavily on
- Optimistic, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn and problem-solve
🤗 Our Team
Our R&D team will value your skills, growth, and happiness. We’re a global, remote-first company (and proud of it). We’re not afraid of tough problems. Our teams are cross-functional, durable and fun (you heard right). We’re not into egos at Assignar, but we are in search of good solutions and team effort. Our staff spans between Australia and the US (and a few other places around the world).
💓 How we care for our team
Starting on your first day with us, Assignar offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Remote-first culture with optional co-working spaces
- Equity - Everyone owns a slice of the business, no matter how senior you are or what role you’re in
- Social events - regular team get-togethers in Sydney (and we will fly you to Sydney if you’re remote!)
- Flexible work hours
- Up-skill training opportunities, coaching and training