At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
You will join a newly formed data engineering team who are tasked with building out Spaceship's data foundations to create and spread organisational knowledge to the entire company.
Specifically, you will:
- Help build a best-in-class data engineering environment using appropriate tools and platforms.
- Act as an authority on data engineering at Spaceship, advising other teams on how we can improve our data environment.
- Automate pipelines and build innovative data engineering tools for the business to self-serve as much as possible.
- Build the foundations to enable proof-of-concept machine learning and predictive analytics.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years data engineering experience with expertise in SQL and data programming languages (Python, etc.).
- Excellent understanding and experience of applying appropriate pipelines and ETL processes.
- Experience with modern commercial platforms like Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in building and scaling a data engineering environment that enables internal stakeholders to move fast with the highest quality data.
- Exceptional communication with the ability to translate technical data engineering content for non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in data manipulation and preparation.
- Passion for building a world-leading data engineering practice.
- Track record of building effective data engineering environments in modern cloud computing environments.
It's great, but not essential if you have:
- Experience in consumer / B2C environments.
- Some understanding of investing / financial markets.
- An advanced degree in engineering or computer science.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Working from home allowance.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $70m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.