- Start-up backed by Tier 1 Venture Capital firms in the US and ANZ
- Entry-level role
- Fun and inclusive culture, winner of People's Choice Award
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Reporting into our Intellectual Property Counsel, we are looking for a Law student or Paralegal to migrate existing legal documents to a new system.
The primary focus is to facilitate automating contract management. This includes:
1- Screen legal documents
- View legal documents
- Extract relevant key information
- Transfer legal documents to new system
2- Data integrity
- Avoid accidentally modifying or deleting data
- Adhere to confidentiality and commit to preserving it
3- Set up a workflow
Based on the extracted data, you’ll:
- Map inter-dependent relationships in our organisation
- Identify who the owners of these tasks are, in consultation with our IP Counsel
- Set up workflow tasks
Your Skills & Experience
You have experience in or are keen to understand Contract handling / Contract management. This includes the following:
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Basic knowledge of contracts
- Office 365 Outlook and Excel
Ideally, you’d have experience in the following:
- Having completed or working towards qualification in Law (Computer Science can be a plus) , and/or
- Having worked as a paralegal or contracts specialist in an in-house or law firm environment
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work towards our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The Recognitions We Gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019
If you’re looking for a rare opportunity within a fast-paced, innovative, growing global start-up we are keen to have a chat!