Why join us
More and more organizations are seeing the value in talking to customers, and as such, the user research practice continues to grow across many industries. Teams are conducting more interviews, usability tests, focus groups, and surveys than ever before. Qualitative research is time-consuming to perform, and it’s challenging to analyze, store, manage and find unstructured data in a collaborative and privacy-compliant way.
Dovetail is the leading cloud data analysis and research repository platform. We believe customer obsession builds the best products, so our mission is to ‘enable product teams to make better decisions through the power of customer understanding.’ We think what we’re building is an exciting and brand-new category of software.
We’re a product-led, bottom-up, self-service software company founded in 2017. We have thousands of paying customers of all sizes ranging from individuals and small agencies to large enterprises and consulting firms. Companies like Square, Figma, VMware, Shopify, BCG, GitLab, Porsche, Canva, and more trust Dovetail to analyse, store, and manage their research data and insights, often across multiple teams and locations.
We’re now looking for a content creator to join our content team. They’ll be responsible for shaping our content strategy, telling incredible stories, and ultimately leveling up our entire approach to content.
What you will do
- Own content creation. You’ll be able to take content from conceptualization to completion, whether it be a blog, guide, email, script, or web copy. You’ll research, review, gather feedback, and publish on a CMS (we use contentful).
- Deliver a steady stream of content. We expect you to be comfortable with high throughput to satisfy an engaged and broad audience. You’re skilled in organization and can prioritize and adhere to deadlines.
- Tell incredible stories. You’ll connect with our community to explore the fascinating stories of the product design and research world and the people who inhabit it. You’ll develop storytelling opportunities and generate new ideas for content with industry leaders and our customers.
- Attention to detail. You’ll use your eagle eye to ensure all content reaches our high-quality bar. One of our values calls to “sweat the details,” so you’ll ensure we tell captivating stories with expert grammar that also looks great when someone happens to be reading it on their phone.
- Measure results to level up our approach. We’d expect you to keep an eye on the impact of your content and continually raise the bar with fresh ideas and optimization opportunities. You’ll bring an SEO mindset to content creation to ensure we are filling a content gap, capturing more traffic, and using the language of our audience.
- Collaborate with your team. While you’ll drive and manage your projects, you’ll need to partner closely with the marketing, revenue, and product teams to create captivating content. You’ll also work with the team to pitch your ideas, learn from them, and get feedback to make your content shine.
- Become an expert in user research. You’ll be an active member of the community, constantly finding novel ways to up-skill and learn about complex subject matters. You’ll stay up-to-date with the latest thought leadership on customer research, design, and product.
- Build and maintain our content operations processes. You’ll proofread and edit content before it goes live, working with the team to maintain and improve our tone and voice and style guides. You’ll manage the content calendar and find ways to improve all operational aspects of content creation.
- Strong storytelling experience. Creating captivating content to engage audiences is your bread and butter. You have experience with copywriting, researching, interviewing, SEO optimization, and community engagement.
- Experience using SEO and web analytics tools. You know how to use these tools to generate content ideas, identify target audiences, optimize for keywords, and analyze results.
- A passion for great content. Your portfolio displays a genuine dedication to the industry, your craft, and a drive to be the best. Whether that’s telling the stories of the community or writing a product update email, you know how to capture the audience’s attention.
- Extremely high attention to detail. One of our values is “if we do it, we nail it.” You have a high-quality bar and strive to maintain an excellent level of detail and consistency across all content you create. You’re the sort of person who learns the keyboard shortcut for smart quotes.
- Pragmatic and collaborative. You have a proven ability to meet deadlines while also dealing with the ambiguities of a fast-paced start-up. You can smoothly manage incoming requests and feedback from the business and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong domain expertise is a plus. Ideally, you have hands-on experience working in small start-ups that are growing and transitioning to a more mature scale-up. Domain expertise in user research or design software is specifically a plus for this role.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave.
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to work where you want, when you want.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!