Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will lead the sales, onboarding & relationship management process for new Rokt clients in Australia. Based in Sydney, the Business Development Manager will be expected to build and cultivate strategies in the following areas: prospecting, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing in order to grow our revenue footprint in the region. It is important that you demonstrate leadership qualities and work in a constructive and collaborative way with both internal counterparts on various teams across the organization, as well as our customers. A successful BDM is able to think critically and implement strategies that deliver ROI, catered specifically to each client.
We're looking for a self motivated, high integrity individual and team player who shares our passion for innovation and everything digital. You’ll be working with industry thought leaders and surrounded by smart and driven people who are passionate about taking on new challenges together. You're a strong fit for this role if you have a sharp, commercial mind that takes a solutions approach to solve complex client problems. You are used to selling into the C-Level of large, complex organizations with a long sales cycle, managing multiple stakeholders and pulling together complex technical solutions.As an individual contributor, this role is purely focused on creating and closing net new opportunities with success measured by new revenue delivered within Australia.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Obsess over clients, hit your numbers & contribute to the Rokt community.
- Outreach/prospecting to get your foot in the door at cold prospects
- Tactical account planning and relationship building
- Develop relevant marketing decks and client-facing proposals
- Build and maintain strong client relationships to drive upsells & new product adoption
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly revenue forecasting and account plans
- Deliver annual new business revenue in Australia in excess of $3.3M AUD.
Capabilities & requirements
- University Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience of closing high value solutions.
- Advertising & Media or Tech Sales background is a plus.
- Must have a proven track record of selling into and building credible relationships at the "C" level as well as through the organization.
- Professional client-facing skills. Polished, articulate and credible when communicating with clients. Full comprehension of client businesses and needs.
- A curious mind with a strong desire to leverage creative problem-solving skills to develop new ideas and revenue opportunities for the organization.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, high energy sales culture with a proven track record of high performance.
- Adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Unquestioned ethics and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, for your co-workers and for the company.
- A positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.