- Ensure that all published content meets with the standard, specification and deadlines of Good Education products.
- Proofread and edit all content, both new and existing.
- Research and produce original content for publication across all products and platforms
B2B content strategy
In collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Data, deliver a content and communications strategy for all education providers across all platforms. The purpose of the strategy is to:
- Ensure all providers know who Good Education is and that they are published on Good Education platform(s).
- Ensure all providers are prompted to review their content in ACIR.
- Ensure all providers are aware of and understand our product/service offering.
The communications strategy must be scheduled and measurable. At any given time, we should know what comms a provider has been subject to and what their activity has been.
B2C content strategy
In collaboration with Marketing and Data, deliver a content and communications strategy for key segments of Good Education’s consumer audience. The purpose of the strategy is to:
- Ensure all students, parents and career advisers are aware of the Good Education publication which is most relevant to them.
- Ensure all students, parents and career advisers are encouraged to use our publications and join our member databases
The communications strategy must be scheduled and measurable. At any given time, we should know which of our key segments has been targeted with content and comms and how well the content is performing against our objectives.
Curate and publish blogs across Good Educations websites with a view to generating traffic and cementing our products’ reputation as reputable/trustworthy/up-to-date resources for students parents and career advisers. The performance of blog content should be benchmarked against the same month of the previous year with a view to improving views every month. Each month, performance figures for blog content should be made available to the business and a plan for blog content in the month ahead should be communicated to Sales and Marketing.
Editorial Quality and Integrity
- When required, liaise with clients while editing advertorial content for print and web products.
- Proofread and edit editorial and advertorial produced by other authors.
- Review advertising across all publications, websites and EDMs to ensure suitability of content, and provide edits if required.
- Ensure all content is accurate and that all facts and opinions can be substantiated and are defendable.
- Ensure content meets the standards appropriate to the publication for which it was produced.
- Ensure content is consistent in style, spelling, punctuation and grammar conforming to house style.
- Ensure that content is uploaded onto websites and/or delivered via EDM, on time and to specification using relevant content management and mail distribution systems.
- Ensure that print content adheres to agreed print schedules.
Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to devise and deliver a strategy to drive the performance of Good Education’s socials. Strategy should include a 12 month schedule of topics relevant to student/parent behaviours at different points of the year. Strategy should be measurable and drive following/uptake of Good Education’s socials.
Play an active role in general product development and all other content related activities, such as scheduling, product launches, PR campaigns and development of sales collateral – where required.
Work closely with Production, Marketing and Sales, as well as external providers and clients
Skills & Experience
- Solid writing and research skills
- High attention to detail and strong proofreading and editing skills
- An interest in school and tertiary education
- Intermediate-level MS Office Suite skills, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
- Familiarity with social media
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and devise strategic content.
- Proven ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders/clients
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly, with excellent time management and prioritisation skills, including completing tasks to tight timelines and set deadlines
- Able to work well in a team and autonomously
A tertiary qualification in Professional Writing and Editing or a related discipline, or demonstrated experience in producing and editing editorial content, including data