Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China, and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Perception and Tools team and collaborate in our vision of inventing and designing next-generation LiDAR. The role is split into Software Application Development (50%), Testing (20%), Resolution of Technical Issues (20%) and Collaboration with other Development Teams (10%).
Inside the Job
- Develop new point cloud and other data processing, analysis, and control algorithms.
- Develop and Implement software algorithms in an embedded context using C/C++.
- Structure and optimise algorithms to perform in resource constrained environments.
- Design tests and automated test frameworks for testing software algorithms in and out of embedded environments.
- Work together with product teams to define performance objectives and landing zones.
- Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues.
- Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review and review other team member’s designs.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis.
- Experience creating data visualisations.
- Experience developing Python scripts, modules, and packages.
- Experience with build/test automation including CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using GIT or another version control tool.
- Great communication skills, oral and written.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project.
- Professional, customer-focussed attitude.
- Familiarity with point cloud data and algorithms.
- Experience using Linux.
- Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail).
- Embedded development in a regulated environment (Automotive, medical, defence, etc.)
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided onsite
- Wellness Budget
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!