MyDeal.com.au is an online marketplace that focuses on providing “everything for your home” (furniture, homewares, garden, appliances and more). We connect our customers with millions of products sold by Australia’s leading retailers.
About the role
You will be part of the Customer service team as a Payments Agent and will assist with fraud and Chargeback assessments, verification processes, and payment gateway disputes. You will plan, organise, and prioritise tasks to manage a high volume workload and complete all requirements.
Your core responsibilities will include
- Communicate with customers regarding payment issues over the phone and via email (inbound and outbound).
- Triage, investigate and respond to customer disputes and payment complaints.
- Preempt possible issues and proactively coordinate with all stakeholders.
- Perform anti-fraud procedures using data provided via our internal systems.
- Identify intelligence risks in relation to the marketplace.
- Collect emerging trends and themes of disputes and proactively liaise with other departments for process and product improvement.
- Reconcile refund adjustments.
- Assist other team members with ad-hoc projects.
- Liaise with external stakeholders for dispute resolution:
- Very strong personal and customer service abilities. Empathetic, patient and understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Friendly and engaging style with impeccable spelling, grammar and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills.
- You will need to show resilience, critical thinking and time management skills.
- Ability to analyse multiple sources of information to identify risks.
- You have a customer first attitude and constantly strive to improve customers’ experience
- Able to manage a heavy workload.
- Strong phone based skills and experience within contact centres.
- Fraud Management exposure. Sound knowledge of chargebacks, unauthorised and unknown transactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online shopping and marketplaces.
- A demonstrable track record of working in fast paced industries.
- Intermediate or above proficiency in Google sheets and Excel (eg: VLOOKUP, Formulas, Filtering, Shortcuts).
- Zendesk (or similar help desk software) experience required.
- Work in a dynamic and inclusive start-up culture with passionate people that collectively possess over 100 years of eCommerce experience.
- Play an important role in an ASX listed company that is experiencing unprecedented growth.
- Industry competitive remuneration in a full-time permanent position.
- A modern Collins Street CBD office easily accessible by tram, bus and train – however, for the time being you will be working from home.
Here’s how to apply:
Send us your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should highlight any relevant experience and how you believe you can help MyDeal to become the #1 Home and Garden Marketplace in Australia.
We look forward to seeing your application!
MyDeal.com.au is an equal opportunity employer and screens applications without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.