Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We’re recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
How you can help make a better world of work
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Culture Amp you will play a key role in our efforts to improve the scalability and reliability of our platform. Our customer base has been growing at an incredible pace, and with that comes more simultaneous users, more data sitting in our storage layer and more microservices. The mission of the SRE practice is to ensure that our infrastructure can accommodate this growth without compromising on system reliability or the user experience.
Most of your assignments will be based on problem statements, not prescribed solutions. You will be expected to take ownership of those problems and lead the discovery and resolution phases. You will always be supported by a team with mixed experience levels, giving you the opportunity to learn and also teach. Over time the complexity and scope of your assignments will grow, giving you the opportunity to gain the experience needed to transition to a leadership role.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Work in a team dedicated to SRE
- Own specific problems / design and implement solutions for those
- Pair with other engineers whenever possible
- Communicate directly with stakeholders when relevant to your current project
- Follow and advocate for SRE best practices
- Help onboard and upskill more junior engineers
- Receive mentoring and support from the practice and team leadership
- Experience running containerised applications at scale on AWS
- Experience writing and maintaining infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of software engineering principles
- Ability to develop simple applications and automation scripts
- Willingness to learn and patience to teach
- Good communication skills
- Empathetic and kind
- Passionate about following best practices and having clear plans
- Very proactive, including in asking for help sooner rather than later
- Flexible and resilient, specially when dealing with unexpected changes and issues
Please keep reading!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.