Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Insights Analyst, you’ll sit within the strategy team and support in driving Customer Insight for Afterpay merchants, providing actionable insights and recommendations.
The purpose of this role is to partner with the sales organisation, including external facing teams (e.g. Investor Relations, PR, Comms) to help Afterpay ‘Win with Customers’ and ‘Scale Actionable Insights’ through world class data & insight, with a focus on action and driving outcomes. This includes how we use data and insight to better understand our customers, and in turn help merchants and other external partners (e.g. govt, policy makers, etc) understand more about Afterpay customers.
As a Data Analyst, you will conduct analysis that drives the business forward and grows our merchant relationships. Whilst technically proficient, you will have a strong commercial lens and be able to identify trends and opportunities within the data. You will also analyze business performance in the competition, deliver data-driven business insights for decision making, and design A/B tests with the ability to communicate findings into a customer-focused narrative.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Support in driving the Afterpay narrative for merchants to elevate our value proposition
- Focus on delivering actionable insights on a regular cadence to identify opportunities for merchant growth and to enhance the merchant relationships
- Support our Quarterly Business Reviews with merchants, crafting the narrative and being the enabler for sales
- Support relationship managers with the strategic thinking on problem solving for merchants to drive merchant retention
- Partner with the Behavioural Science and Analytics teams to ensure the Afterpay customer models e.g. Lifetime Value and Share of Wallet, drive valuable insights that can feed into our Merchant Value proposition
- Identify insights to drive thought leadership to support PR, Comms and Public Policy
- Ensure repeatable, scalable processes in place where relevant
- Develop a formalized process to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, empower informed decision making for stakeholders
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analyses and reports produced
- Monitor and analyse data reports/dashboards/pipelines and do RCA & troubleshooting of issues that arise
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Experience working with customer and loyalty data with a proven track record of delivering actionable insights, recommendations and measurable growth
- Quantitative background in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines
- Ability to do statistical analyses with minimal guidance including descriptive and inferential techniques and to apply those to real business problems
- Proven experience with sales & marketing analytics techniques such as Customer Profiling, Predictive Modelling, Regression and classification analyses, A/B testing, etc.
- Proficient in SQL/ Tableau and / or other BI tools
- Strong organizational/time management skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment sometimes with competing priorities
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines
- Deep analytical mindset and strong problem solving skills with the ability to think critically, combined with effective judgment and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas and insight into a customer focused narrative that drives actionable recommendations
- Ideally 3+ years experience working in a B2C organization e.g. Retail, Travel, Telco, Retail Banking
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.