What do North Face, Gibson Guitars, TOMS, and other brands have in common? They use Myagi every day to connect with sellers, create delightful customer experiences, and build brand loyalty.
They are also part of a global community of brands that are changing the way customers learn and buy products. Our platform combines online training and communication to equip retail sales associates with a targeted brand and product knowledge to help them give trusted guidance to consumers, wherever they buy. It's what makes us the leading customer interaction platform for brands.
Myagi is a venture-funded and high-growth tech startup with teammates all over the world. We are a 100% remote company that trusts our teammates to do their best work wherever they are.
About the Design Team
We are a new team within a fast-growing company consisting of a Product Designer (UX/UI) and a Senior Product Designer (DesignOps). And we are looking for designers to join and help shape the design team.
The Myagi design team have a strong emphasis on having a growth mindset. We encourage continuous learning and exploring ways to improve what we do and how we do it.
Our mission is to design delightful and intuitive experiences while providing consistency to the organisation, products and features through centralised tools, processes and solutions.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a growth mindset that is willing to fail, learn and explore being excellent versions of themselves
- Seeks feedback to improve themselves and their designs
- Collaborates and involves the team through the design process
- Emphasises the importance of Human-centred Design/Design Thinking with other team members in the company
- Iterates their ideas, concepts, and designs early and often
About this role
We are looking for a Product Designer (UI) to contribute to our design delivery and help grow our Design Systems. Reporting to the Senior Product Designer, you will work alongside other product designers in a hybrid design team to collaborate with stakeholders in the company to design delightful and intuitive experiences.
We are looking to hire someone based in Australia to match the time zone of our Product and Design team pod in Australia.
What you will do in this role (Responsibilities)
- As a guide, 80% of your time, you will create hi-fidelity prototypes and pixel perfect UI delivery from wireframes provided, and 20% collaborating with our product designers and product managers in UX related activities
- Use our core design tools: Figma and Miro, plus/or any tools you need to enhance your UI prototypes and designs. The secondary tools we use daily include Slack, Confluence, G Suite, Jira, Zoom, Around and a few others depending on the project.
- Help migrate our design components and patterns from Zeplin and Sketch to Figma
- Help establish and optimise the structure, taxonomy, and theming conventions of the design systems
- Ensure usability and accessibility standards and best practices are considered and applied throughout the design process and our product
- Focus on documentation, annotations and updating guides for interactions, components, accessibility and theming
- Create new mobile UI components and refresh our legacy web app components/patterns with the use of wireframes, prototypes and screen flows
- Present and justify your design decisions
- Collaborate with product designers and software engineers to establish ways for how our UI components, patterns and interactions are built and maintained
- Help improve designer and software engineers efficiency by establishing, documenting and maintaining our design system
- Continually keep yourself, the design and product team updated with the latest UI changes and trends in the industry
What you'll need (Requirements)
- 3+ years of experience in UI and interaction design and/or product design (in an Agile/SCRUM product development process is a bonus)
- Contribution to products using design systems or any prior design systems experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your UI design projects, to be presented during the interview
- Knowledge of the design process, understanding of wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience in working in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team
- Excellent communication, task and time-management to work effectively in Myagi’s asynchronous work environment
- Using our design tool Figma to create complex UI components and patterns
If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you. We love meeting passionate designers!
- You won't be expected to code, but have knowledge and understanding of foundational web technologies (HTML, CSS and JS) ideally with some working knowledge of modern web technologies.
- Experience using Confluence for documentation and Jira for delivery, our engineers and product managers use these tools every day
- Interaction design and animations
How you’ll work at Myagi
Live and work where you want
We’re a fully remote company that trusts our teammates to do their best work wherever they are. We have pods of teams in similar time zones in APAC, NA, EMEA and the US.
Asynchronous work, no crazy hours
We value the outcome of your work, not how many hours you put into it. Even though we work asynchronously and don’t have a set 9-5 schedule, we recommend people to work no more than 40 hours per week.
Health and wellbeing
There are times when people choose to put in extra time and then they simply take some extra time off to balance it out. We value hard work, but we also value the health and wellbeing of our team more, so working long hours every day is not expected, balancing your work and personal life is encouraged.
- Career progression and development tailored for Product Designers
- Employee stock options plan
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Flexible asynchronous working schedule
- An office allowance to get your workspace set up
- Company-wide monthly learning days
- Monthly team lunch
- Quarterly volunteer days
- Professional development allowance
- Fitness/mindfulness app subscription
How to Apply
- Apply by the 31st of January 2022
- Attach a cover letter (Please limit this to 1.5 pages at most). In your cover letter:
- Introduce yourself and explain why this position is of interest to you
- Why you would be a great fit
- Attach a PDF resume, CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile. Just for us to see your work and education history.
- Attach a link to your portfolio of your UX/UI work
- Any projects involving Design Systems is highly desired
- And attach anything else that you think we would find interesting!
After you apply, we’ll send you a confirmation shortly after seeing your application. If you don’t receive it, periodically check your junk folder or other inboxes. Then please add that email to your safe sender list, to ensure that you receive future emails.