Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As one of Afterpay’s Treasury Managers, you’ll be responsible for providing ongoing assistance in the development of, and drive the execution of the Treasury Strategy. In this position you will take part in the day-to-day management of treasury functions and will have daily involvement in Afterpay's cash management process. It will also stretch to encompass strategic elements such as identifying and developing solutions to financial risks faced by Afterpay Touch Group.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Daily administration of an offshore receivables warehouse including weekly funding requests, repayments and monthly reporting.
- Support in the assessment and analysis of each particular region's cash flow on a short, medium and long term basis to ensure that the group has adequate funding lines/liquidity
- Assess, manage and record daily cash flow movements to ensure that Afterpay makes payment against all outstanding debts, and where surplus value is applicable it is used in the most efficient manner.
- Manage relationships with bank representatives during transaction activities to ensure the profile of Afterpay is maintained and strengthened.
- Provide back-up support when required to the Treasury Team to ensure preparation of funding reports including drawdown/funding requests, daily repayments and reporting for other warehouse facilities
- Prepare daily and monthly cash flow reports to identify Afterpay's liquidity position and forecast interest cost.
- Assist the VP Group Treasurer and Head of Treasury Operations with the preparation of various Debt and Foreign Exchange Reports to ensure ongoing compliance with Afterpay’s Treasury Policy.
- Obtain thorough understanding of the various Transactional Banking platforms.
- Manage bank fees and charges incurred by Afterpay to ensure accuracy.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- Proven experience in Corporate Treasury, financial or professional services
- Experience in global / multinational businesses that are complex and fast paced
- Previous experience in administration and management of Receivables Financing or Securitisation Programs highly regarded but not essential
- Excellent excel skills and experience working with MicroStrategy will be highly regarded
- Moody's Ki and Dynamics 365 experience highly regarded but not essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proactive and can-do attitude along the ability to take initiative
- Collaborative and outcome focused
- Analytical mindset, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices