hi, we’re hipages Group.
We create effortless solutions that help tradies streamline and grow their businesses and delight their customers. Over 3 million Australians have used the hipages platform, where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our Business Transformation team, and you will be responsible for the development and delivery of back office systems and our web applications. You will work closely with other software engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders at the team level to devise innovative solutions to customer problems. You will be supportive in evolving the team solution architecture. But most importantly, you’ll be joining a top-notch engineering team!
How you will add value:
- Writing clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of the company
- Demonstrates the responsibility of the owned work including development, testing, deployment and improvement
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Node.js, PHP, React.js, Golang, Python, etc.
- Solid understanding of Engineering principles, eg SOLID
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban)
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience in XP techniques, eg. pair programming, TDD
- Experience building event-based systems and working with message broker technologies such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience working with search solutions such as Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Understanding of microservices architecture
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!