Whispir is searching for a creative and self-motivated Designer to join a dynamic group of creatives, communicators and marketers.
As our new UI Designer, you will take ownership of design creative projects and work closely with our Creative Lead, Front End Developer, Product, CX, Marketing, Sales and Enablement teams across the globe.
You would be responsible for delivering compelling design concepts and coordinating deliverables with developers. In particular, you will be focused on developing creative UI designs for individual customers that are intuitive for the end-user.
Your creative work will have a significant impact on the business by supporting customer retention, driving platform growth, improving customer satisfaction, and ultimately growing the Whispir brand.
This will initially be a 9 month contract, but there is potential for this role to become permanent.
Your day to day will include:
- Pushing the boundaries, turning a creative concept into a polished, intelligent, elegant design outcome across a range of mediums
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project managing a brief from conception to execution, managing expectations and delivering creative mobile UI design solutions
What you’ll bring:
- Advanced technical mobile design skills, with a track record of delivering dynamic UI design solutions
- Understanding of the business and our audiences to effectively communicate our value
- Exceptional communications skills to effectively, verbally as well as visually, present design rationale during internal/external presentations
- Energy to a tight-knit, passionate and collaborative team environment
- The ability to manage tight deadlines and demonstrate effective problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment
We’re looking for motivated candidates with:
- A design-related degree (in graphic, interaction or interface design)
- Broad UI design experience with 4+ years in a similar role
- A track record of working across platforms, including Android, HTML5 and iOS
- Experience designing for eDM
- Experience using a range of software applications, including sound knowledge in key systems and languages such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, HTML coding and CSS
- A strong command of responsive design, UX, web metrics and programming
- Creative flair and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience managing mobile design in multiple geographies
- Previous SaaS design experience
- Evidence of a strong design portfolio