Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Commercial Analyst, you’ll work across merchant customer growth and retention opportunities in the APAC region focusing primarily on creating merchant first propositions and commercial proposals. You will have an opportunity to create a structured and consistent approach to how commercials are constructed and will play a pivotal role in driving sustainable growth objectives in the region.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Work closely with Sales and Relationship Managers to provide pricing advice on new and existing opportunities
- Partner with Marketing teams to bring to life the brand and value proposition in our commercial proposals
- Manage and develop processes to run and monitor new and existing contractual obligations such as invoices
- Identify avenues to improve processes along the pricing lifecycle such as renewals
- Monitor margin and volume trends to identify key opportunities for generating growth
- Support the development of a commercial playbook including documentation of policy and procedures
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking of competitor pricing and value proposition
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have some experience in a commercial, financial, pricing and/or business sales operations environment
- You are a sound negotiator and understand the concept of give and take
- You can proactively collaborate with internal teams to solve problems and can influence others to act on the insights you have identified
- Your SQL skills will be highly desirable
- You are advanced in excel and comfortable merging large datasets and keying in on opportunities
- Your sound knowledge of CRM and reporting systems such as Salesforce and Tableau will be welcome
- You have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at the same time
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!