At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for someone to help scale Spaceship by empowering it with data, reporting and analytical insight. We embrace an evidence-based culture here at Spaceship – your work will directly influence strategic decisions, such as how we target customers and prioritise the product roadmap. At the same time, we understand that not all observations are statistically significant, and time will be spent on research and analysis that doesn’t always result in groundbreaking insights.
Collaboration will be key in this position, as you will work closely with all areas of the business to:
- Provide insights on customer demographics and behaviour to drive improvements in customer experience, growth and retention.
- Optimise conversion funnels through analysis and experimentation of growth channels.
- Influence product roadmap prioritisation with insights gathered from exploratory analysis.
- Act as an authority on analytics at Spaceship, advising other teams on how they can leverage data for their advantage.
- Build and maintain data pipelines and tools to allow the business to self-serve where possible.
- Own business performance reporting and dashboards, creating intuitive visualisations and automating where possible.
- Leverage future Open Banking API data to enrich customer experience and product offerings.
- Conduct ad hoc requests for analysis, such as input into board papers.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking someone with:
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R, etc.).
- Excellent understanding and experience of applying appropriate statistical techniques.
- Experience in designing and analysing experiments that drive product decisions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the ability to craft raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to create beautiful, easily understood visualisations that tell a story.
- Expertise in data manipulation and preparation.
- Passion for using data to improve customer experience.
- Experience in consumer / B2C environments.
It's great, but not essential if you have:
- Understanding of investing / financial markets.
- Track record of presenting at meet-ups and conferences.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative subject area such as statistics, mathematics, or computer science.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Working from home allowance.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.