WORK WITH US
Beyond Ag is reshaping the global food system. We transform food waste into food and fertiliser with insects. To do this, we’ve brought together a team of exceptionally talented and resourceful doers. At Beyond Ag, we work in the future where sustainable food production is inevitable.
Since founding Beyond Ag in 2019, we’ve developed world-leading insect farming technology that will shape the future of sustainable food production. Today, every tonne of insect protein we produce is equivalent to planting 1,600 trees in carbon emissions offset.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, we are inclusive and we believe diversity drives innovation. If you’re not afraid to jump in and figure it out as you go along, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will build and lead a team of production operators running our new food waste, insect protein and fertiliser manufacturing lines, and be involved in commissioning equipment and first runs. Drawing on your experience in food manufacturing, you will create and implement SOPs within our HACCP and Quality Management Systems. You will be accountable for all production and quality targets.
Reporting to the COO, here are some examples of the work you will do:
- Managing and lead our daily production lines
- Provide ongoing coaching, training, development and support to our production team and ensure their skills are developed and enhanced
- Ensure all machines and equipment are correctly used and maintained; report breakdowns as required and manage scheduled maintenance and repairs
- Lead trials for new production techniques and systems of work to improve manufacturing practises and productivity
- Ensure compliance with health and safety procedures and maintain rigorous food safety, hygiene and quality standards using HACCP and GMP principles.
- Create, implement and document standard operating procedures and improvements to production operations
- Ensure the safety and quality of products going to customers and manage any product defects or non-conformities.
- You’re passionate about what we’re working on and about the future of sustainable food production as a whole
- You’re able to coach and inspire our production team to deliver high-quality work, leading by example
- You’re accountable and aware of occupational work, health and safety regulations and good manufacturing practices
- You’re able to pick up new processes quickly, identify areas for improvement and have a constructive approach to problem solving
- You’re a doer who’s obsessed with productivity and driven to complete tasks quickly, accurately and consistently
- You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator and you have a love of spreadsheets and ERP systems.
Ideally, you also have experience in:
- Creating process improvements and continuous improvement in food or animal feed manufacturing, including R&D trials
- Developing and implementing a strong Quality Management System for HACCP. Bonus points for ISO9001, Feedsafe, Organic certification or similar
- A track record of successful HACCP audits
- 3 years' or more experience in a manufacturing leadership role (10+ team)
- Warehouse systems for the management of stock of raw materials and consumables.
- Full-time work that has a direct impact on the future of sustainable food production
- We’ll work tirelessly to provide you a productive, safe, supportive and collaborative work environment
- We’ll empower you to achieve your life’s best work with regular weekday hours
- Massive room for career growth in an exciting, fast growing startup
- A personal learning and development budget to spend on what you believe can take your career to the next level
- Opportunities for meaningful ownership including equity ownership in the company.
Ultimately this role will be shaped around the right candidate. If you love the mission and want to work on some of the most exciting and impactful problems on the planet today, we want to speak to you.