Employment Hero is an Australian SaaS start-up. Our platform is the easiest way for small to medium businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement and benefits. We’re on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding, for everyone, whilst being a Remote First workplace with global ambitions!
We're looking for a Head of Data Science who enjoys solving complex problems and combining their passion for both people and product. You will be responsible for leading and overseeing our data governance, and managing a small team to design, develop, and maintain our data warehouse.
We have over 4000 clients and over 250,00 users that engage with our platform every day. The successful candidate will provide not only hands on technical leadership, but also create situations to ignite valuable data insights for growth and success within our platform.
- Your team will have the following responsibilities:
> Data steward of BI
> Design, development, maintenance and management of our data warehouse
> Management of the BizOps initiatives to provide automation and reporting for teams to drive efficiencies and facilitate data-informed decisions
> Product development through ML initiatives
- Coach, mentor and manage two direct reports to achieve team objectives
- Data governance for all internal data sources, in the areas of:
> Data access, protection and privacy
> Data quality, integrity and architecture
> Data lifecycle management
> Data reporting
> Stakeholder management, education and training of internal teams including Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance
- Build production-ML models
- Work with the Product team to identify new product opportunities leveraging ML
- 4+ years of experience in SQL and report writing
- 2+ years experience building ML models used in production environments
- 2+ years coding in Python or R
- Degree/Masters/PhD in Maths, Engineering or Data Science
- 2+ years of experience with ETL or systems integration projects
**ALL CANDIDATES PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE APPLICATION FORM TO BE CONSIDERED**