We are looking for a People & Culture Coordinator that is *obsessed* with providing a great experience on behalf of our brand with everyone that they engage with, both within our own team and future team. You will play an important role in shaping and supporting the journey of each of our team members' dream job, whilst helping to build a genuinely great culture.
The People & Culture Coordinator will assist in both strategy and roll out of initiatives that encourage employee engagement, performance and wellbeing, keeping a keen eye on understanding the needs and challenges in the business throughout its phases of growth. From assisting with recruitment and onboarding, to reviews, learning & development, and off-boarding you’ll understand how to support those around you to make the employee experience the best that they’ve ever had.
We’re a fast growing team, so this role will often be the first point of contact between our brand and a candidate, so you’ll know how to best represent our us and provide an exceptional experience right from the start. Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, so you’ll support our teams to support our customers.
Our dream candidate
- You’re able to intuitively build and maintain strong relationships with everyone you engage with, delight everyone who you come in contact with.
- You value discretion and understand how to interact with humans.
- You’ve got a growth mindset, and look for ways we can innovate and automate
- Relevant experience and/or education in the Human Resources field.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate confidently with everyone you engage with
- High Attention to detail and support the team to deliver to deadlines - on time without compromising on quality
What you’ll be doing
You’ll manage the end to end recruitment process, which involves:
- Posting opportunities and responding to candidates, thinking about the candidates experience at all times.
- Searching for superstars by tapping into the passive candidate market and getting them excited about us, the opportunity, and the Sheet Society brand.
- Keeping the hiring manager in the loop at all times to ensure that the people you’re talking to are a good fit for the role, and so they know their role is in safe hands.
Onboarding of all new employees, which involves:
- Checking in with them throughout their notice period - keeping them in the loop and helping them integrate into the wider business.
- Setting them up in our HRIS before their start date, then liaising with finance to get them set up for payroll and making sure they have all the tools they need to do their job well.
- Welcoming them on their first day, assigning them their buddy for their induction.
People & Culture
Our team is a lot of fun, and a great bunch of humans. Because you’re personable you’ll add to the culture and vibe of the office and develop amazing relationships with everyone in the business.
You’ll love a good bit of admin - maintain our HRIS, updating it with any updates on the team. Keeping track of onboarding team members and their probation periods as well as being up to date with Workplace Health and Safety and any relevant records.
You’ll suggest, plan and get behind all People & Culture initiatives including birthdays, work anniversaries and other events in our team's lives that matter to them.
Communicating with everyone in the team regularly, keeping them updated about everything that’s going on in the business as well as providing feedback about culture and vibes.
Assist the team coordinator with organising and running office events as well as engagement activities and gifts.
Here at Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links
- Sweet Dreams Day - a day off on your birthday
- Weekly snacks and drinks on a Friday
- Communal kitchen providing breaky, fruit, all the snack, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly
Be a part of an energetic and fast-growing business where every day is different, every achievement is celebrated, and we’re only just getting started.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.