Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Strategy Research Manager, you’ll partner with the marketing and external-facing teams (e.g. Sales, Investor Relations, PR, Comms) to help Afterpay ‘Win with Merchants’ and ‘Scale Actionable Insights’ through world class data & insight.
With a focus on action and driving outcomes, your purpose will be to use research to better understand our merchants, and in turn help other external partners understand more about Afterpay’s customers and the broader Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) industry trends.
This role will be responsible for Afterpay’s Research platform globally, including building out research panels, owning survey science and creating best practice.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Design and manage our best-in-class strategy research framework, reconciling disparate sources of information to deepen our understanding of our ecosystem and identify opportunities with our consumers and merchants.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and Product teams to deepen our understanding of our strategic and competitive landscape across different regions, aligning our consumer and merchant research to our strategic priorities.
- Contextualise consumer and merchant research findings within a broader retail, financial and technological landscape, translating insights into actionable strategies to be used by Sales and Marketing teams.
- Drive our retail-oriented research initiatives to promote trade optimisation and deepen our relationships with our merchant partners - ranging from qualitative to quantitative approaches.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Product, Policy, Comms, Operations and the broader Strategy and Data team to democratise our findings and ensure alignment with limited duplication
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Tertiary degree level qualification essential, with a major in Marketing, Commerce or Business
- Experience working with customer and marketing research data with a proven track record of delivering actionable insights, recommendations and measurable growth
- Ability to demonstrate product and program ownership and contribution to its creation, development and ongoing management, ideally in a technology, finance or retail setting.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and insight into merchant-focused and actionable recommendations
- Conducting consumer research using multivariate analysis, modelling and segmentation to drive robust investment and strategic decisions
- Experience managing multiple markets, stakeholders and priorities
- Deep analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Solid skills in R (emphasis on RShiny and/or FlexDashboards), Q, SPSS, Stata, Python Biogeme and/or a familiarity with Qualtrics, Medalia or inMoment will be advantageous
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.