Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China, and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team.
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to design, develop, test, and maintain VHDL and C code to required specifications, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Inside the Job
- Develop VHDL and C code and identify improvements to existing code.
- Develop automated test scripts (Python).
- Develop automated test benches (VHDL) and scripts (Python) for simulation and test.
- Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues.
- Guide technicians and junior engineers.
- Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs.
- Full Australian Working Rights.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in developing VHDL code.
- Strong experience in developing C code on embedded platforms like ARM or PIC.
- Experience with test automation and Python.
- Experience using GIT or another version control tool.
- Passionate about software development.
- Professional, customer-focussed attitude.
- Experience using an RTOS, preferably automotive qualified.
- Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail).
- Ability to read and analyse electronic schematics.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided
- Wellness Budget
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!