12 month contract (3 days p/week: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Workplace & Employee Relations Consultant contributes to the development of policies and projects, provides industrial relations advice and support to key stakeholders to support organisational objectives of the business. You will provide IR/ER advice to mitigate risks and provide a positive employee experience whilst ensuring compliance with THE ICONIC's policies and procedures, as well as the relevant legislative frameworks.
About this role...
- Advising on the organisation's Industrial Relations framework and Awards. This includes providing regular communication on IR/ER updates to ensure we are keeping abreast of changes within Fair Work, Legislation and Relevant IR Case Studies.
- Assisting on ER escalations that have become too complex for a HR Business Partner or have been determined to need expertise due to the impact, risk or implications of the grievance or complaint.
- Project work as required from time to time, relating to employment compliance and risk and implementing remediation measures and governance structures.
- Review & audit of current Awards ensuring compliance with contractual terms and conditions and reflected in systems & processes.
- Review all processes and documentation in P&C as it relates to handling employees grievances and/or complaints.
- Maintaining Industrial Relations records and other relevant material. Reviewing Reporting Tools, processes and discipline of tracking ER matters.
- Coordinate Dashboard and/or Reporting and present recommend actions to address root causes and key themes to minimise disputes.
- Assisting with managing interactions with unions.
- Providing relevant Learning & Development specific WR/ER training programs where applicable to leaders and P&C team.
- Policy Management & Review - Working with stakeholders to continuously update policies as it relates to matters that result in employee grievances.
- This role reports to the Head of HR - Operations & IR/ER and works closely with the HR Business Partners, HR Operations Lead, Payroll, General Counsel, Head of Risk along with business leaders as required.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Australian Industrial Relations and employment legislation, awards, and historical & recent case developments.
- Typical experience 5+ years, in IR/ER or HR coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Extensive ER experience with an ability to think logically, strategically and translate this into practical operational outcomes including analysing and explaining the risk profile.
- Ability to identify, write and execute on an ER strategy.
- Exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills.
- The ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems.
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- A collaborative and consultative approach.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet competing deadlines.
Location and Key Extras
This role is usually based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.