Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple instalments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins 🚀
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a QA Automation Engineer to influence many aspects of our business through constant improvement of our quality processes in the evolution of our core consumer facing systems.
- Responsible for designing, building and owning the automation test suites for both existing monolith and microservices for UI and APIs and able to integrate the tests into CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with Product Manager, UX designer, Senior Engineers to clarify business requirements/expectations in order to scope out tests plans and approach
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with Product Managers, designer and devs to understand the scope of each feature, impact areas and technical complications that need to be considered
- Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, engineers on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences
- Responsible for reviewing engineers’ acceptance criteria for the feature card through story kickoffs
- Mentoring the engineers on aspects of quality assurance and testing by sharing the experience and knowledge to implement quality governance across the development lifecycle.
- Assessing and mitigating risks, solving quality challenges and implementing changes to improve engineering efficiency.
- Define and drive quality approaches and improvements and be able to provide the confidence for the team to release software with
- Advocate devs to write low level unit tests, integration tests, e2e automated tests and pair with devs for system knowledge sharing, bugs finding and investigation.
- BA/MS/PhD in computer science or equivalent field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in designing and implementing automation test framework
- Experience in Manual and automated testing
- Enthusiastic about solving business problems with technology
- Excellent written & verbal technical communication skills
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one.