HotDoc’s mission is to improve the healthcare experience for everyone in Australia—already more than half of Australia’s GPs and 1 in 4 Australians use the platform. Our technology helps better connect patients and doctors by making interactions between both parties accessible and easy across the entire patient journey, from bookings through to post-appointment follow-ups. Now we’re going one step further, developing products aimed at proactively improving patient outcomes by encouraging patients to play a more leading role in the management of their own health.
What’s in it for you
You will be working within a collaborative team, who care about each other and are always willing to help out. There will be opportunities to work on a wide range of problems, which are always exciting and challenging and will be a part of building products that really make a difference to people’s lives. Use the link below to see the booking system we recently created to be used by the COVID-19 clinics setup by the government. https://practices.hotdoc.com.au/blog/department-of-health-2020
What will you be doing?
- Implementing and releasing products and features with Ruby on Rails
- Writing and maintaining automated test coverage
- Conducting peer code reviews
- Collaborating with stakeholders and product managers to find, plan and implement solutions that delight users
- Attending occasional customer visits, and contributing to product development discussions with your own ideas
What you must have to apply for this role
- 2+ years of Object Oriented experience (Ideally experience with or a desire to learn Ruby on Rails)
- Enthusiasm for software engineering best practices to maintain code quality and velocity
- Motivated to be involved in planning and specifying the work you go on to implement and iterate on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
We’ve adapted pretty well to a COVID world. You’ll be invited to many Zoom-based events including (but not limited to) Bob Ross inspired painting sessions, sourdough masterclasses, book clubs and wine tastings. And once COVID settles down, you can also expect:
- Wellness at your keyboard, with in-office subsidised yoga, personal training sessions, Headspace membership, Health Coaching & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that gives you access to a dedicated psychologist.
- Our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, tea and a serious coffee machine. We also have some particularly talented bakers here!
- Your calendar is pretty full here - end-of-year parties, golf and table tennis, competitions, BBQs and a yearly Talent Show. Friday nights here are also pretty great
- A CBD location, that makes commuting a breeze with new bike lockup and lockers, and a stroll to Southern Cross Station or Flinders Street Station
- We have a beautiful, green and light-filled office on the Yarra River that boasts the best balcony view in Melbourne.
We celebrate diversity, and welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills required, please submit a cover letter and an up to date CV.