Broker Associate Role
Fast growing, well-funded fintech
Unleash your Home Lending Skills
Mix of WFH &WFO
Full time, Permanent Role, Sydney location
Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
We are Athena and we are a fintech that has already transformed home loan lending in Australia for the better, and we’re only just getting started!
We are not a bunch of bankers. Unlike them we actually give a buck about the customer. We are here to lighten the loan for Australian’s reducing their mortgage life sentence. Because life is too short for a long home loan.
We launched early 2019 to change home loans for good. Athena has quickly shown Australia what you can do with healthy ambition, a conscience and a kick-ass team. We are not a bunch of bankers, we’re financial freedom fighters who give a buck about our customer. We’re here to lighten the loan for Australian’s and reduce their mortgage life sentence. You in?
- Liaise with Clients in a professional manner and provide regular updates on the progress of their application from submission through to settlement
- Liaise with Lenders to ensure settlement is affected in a timely manner.
- Support the Brokers and work effectively with the offshore Support team, in all aspects of loan writing including collecting initial customer consents, submitting the loan applications to lenders, satisfying all conditional approval requirements (gathering supporting documentation) and keeping Brokers and clients up to date on the status of their applications.
- Customer Service – at times, handle general customer enquiries on behalf of the Broker with regards to loan maintenance.
- Update/Maintain/Follow Up Client files at all stages of the loan application process.
- Meet the risk, compliance and quality requirements set out by Athena and our panel of lenders.
- Conduct the review of existing client loans as per specified milestones.
- Be able to work autonomously and demonstrate attention to detail, including having strong data entry skills with a high accuracy rate.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment whilst also adding to the Athena culture – a fun, energised, dynamic start up environment.
Who are we looking for?
- A Certificate 4 or Diploma in Finance in Mortgage Broking is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 2 years Lending experience supporting brokers
- Exposure to various Lenders
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing a pipeline of clients with multiple tasks & deadlines
- Proven track record in working with solving complex lending scenarios
- You demonstrate a high-level attention to detail
- You get energy from helping Customers and saving them a bucketload.
- Professional, organised, able to work autonomously
- Be driven and self-motivated to exceed targets and strive for excellence
- You have a high degree of competency in computer and web applications
- You have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- You know your stuff and you aren’t stuck in your ways.
- You will always see the glass as half full.
- You enjoy moving at speed and getting things done.
- You are proactive, you’re on it, you’re tenacious.
- You bring positivity, energy, flexibility and you adore change.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from home & office
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.