Stake is looking for a Senior FP&A Manager to join our team at our Bondi Junction HQ, with a flexible hybrid working model (3 days in the office, 2 WFH).
We’re an Australian investment platform with a mission to provide a seamless and immersive experience that breaks barriers for ambitious investors. We serve a global customer base of 500,000+ investors, with more than A$3 billion in assets under administration.
More than a digital brokerage, Stake is a brand that stands for progress. This is true for our customers as well as our team members. Our working environment is energetic, collaborative and supportive – everyone is encouraged to take ownership and challenged to deliver high-quality execution.
Our internal mantra is ‘never settle’ and we all share an ambition to grow this business. This is your opportunity to join a scaleup rocketing upward to become a robust financial services company.
About this role
Stake is seeking a commercially minded, technically strong and highly collaborative individual to join our team as Senior Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager. As a senior member of the Stake team, this individual will be responsible for managing the FP&A function, overseeing all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and managing and growing high performing team members. You will play a crucial role in driving commercial enablement across the business and helping stakeholders achieve key objectives.
This is an exciting appointment for Stake as the business transitions deeper into wealth management and is maturing fast. This role will have a broad remit with significant opportunity to stamp their mark on the FP&A function and across the wider business as well as exposure to strategic projects and M&A initiatives.
The role will involve:
- Being a senior member of the Finance team and defining a long-term vision and strategy for the FP&A function;
- Driving commercial thinking across the business, providing the visibility & transparency, tools and ways of working to enable stakeholders to understand key business drivers, maximise value in how we allocate resources and drive outcomes aligned to business objectives;
- Staying abreast of the evolving needs of the business, competitive landscape and emerging trends and implementing and adapting systems and processes as needs evolve;
- Lead on the financial aspects of M&A initiatives and strategic projects such as financial modelling and analysis, due diligence and collaborating with external advisors;
- Build and lead a high-performing FP&A team, providing guidance, mentoring, and professional development opportunities, fostering a collaborative and results-driven team culture.
A bit about you
- 5+ years post CA, CFA, CPA qualification
- Experience in advisory and in-house FP&A and Commercial Finance or Strategy roles, with a strong preference on working at a fast-paced company
- Experience managing motivated finance professionals
At Stake, we value hustle over honours degrees, so we’re more interested in you than your resume. If you believe this is a role you want to jump into head first and be part of our mission, please apply and let us know why in your cover letter!
Benefits of working at Stake
At Stake you’ll have the opportunity to work with autonomy while learning from some of the best talent in the industry, playing a meaningful role in building a company that has loads of positive momentum and excitement around it.
But we also have perks. Not long ago, we proudly introduced new benefits under the Grow with Stake program. Please see the whole list on our Careers website, including:
- $2,500/year professional development allowance
- $1,000/year wellbeing allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Childcare allowance of up to $18,000 in value over 24 months
- Extra paid leave during tough times
- Discretionary performance bonus and talent referral bonus
- Employee Share Options scheme
Stake is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We’re proactive about providing an inclusive work environment and do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. We’re also endorsed by WORK180 as a great employer for women.
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it the attention it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. We’re a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer –which means we’re committed to responding to every applicant. If we think you’d be a good addition to our team, we’ll give you a call and from there, you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies: Stake does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or directly to Stake employees. Stake is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.