Koala’s mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for all financial inventory controls and processes at Koala. From reviewing the item receipts and billing, through to cost of sales recognition and stock on hand verification, this role is a critical link between Supply Chain and Finance to ensure that our financial systems can report accurate and timely data to the business for decision making.
Koala is looking for someone who is a challenger, to look at our existing processes globally and introduce best practice systems, automation and efficiencies.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Oversee inventory financial management in accordance with company guidelines
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximise efficiency and accuracy of inventory on hand and cost of goods sold
- Ownership of cost of goods recognition in line with company accounting policy
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount and value of items are recorded in stock accurately in the general ledger
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform supply chain and quality control
- Generate financial inventory reports including product profitability; review reports monthly with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare intercompany invoicing for Global Koala Group
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide a highly accountable level of customer service to all stakeholders
- Month end reporting
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts regularly
- Provide insights to the wider finance team and business
- Previous cost accounting or inventory experience in a manufacturing or retail industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-finance staff, including supply chain, logistics and warehouse
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and forward thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software including Excel/GSheet and other production / costing software and ERP systems (Netsuite experience a bonus)
- Relevant Accounting/Business or Finance degree
- Currently studying for or completed CPA or CA is desirable
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Hybrid working - We’re mixing it up with a couple of days back in the Alexandria Treehouse (office) and work from bed/home (WFB); we want you to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe (T&Cs apply)!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Tuesday lunches, Monthly barbies, socials and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - via our Learning Management platform Juno, as well as individual and team growth budgets and dedicated days.
- Short and long-term incentive plans ensure you benefit as Koala succeeds!
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding, 1% and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
To read more, check out our careers, LinkedIn, or the great work we do with Work180.