From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
Due to the growing nature and complexity of Afterpay, an exciting opportunity has opened up for a Finance Business Partner to join the Finance team to lead the management of our remuneration and people costs. You will be responsible for leading consideration of all financial aspects of remuneration policies, processes and costs, including the development of remuneration structures, implementation of compensation and equity frameworks, and management of the ongoing accounting and administration of people costs and equity plans. This is a permanent opportunity reporting into our Global Head of Financial Performance and to be ideally based in our Melbourne office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide recommendations and advice to Senior Executives on design and development of compensation and equity frameworks
- Prepare complex financial models and scenario analyses to analyse the impact of different remuneration structures and frameworks that Afterpay may consider
- Lead the preparation and review of remuneration and share-based payment disclosures in annual and half-year reporting, ensuring accuracy of all disclosures
- Advise, lead and manage accounting considerations related to compensation arrangements across all regions, together with the Financial Controller
- Partner with the Global Head of Tax on tax considerations and administrative requirements related to compensation arrangements across all regions
- Project-manage and coordinate with business-wide stakeholders to ensure alignment on Remuneration and Share-Based payment considerations
- Partner with the Chief People Officer and Global Remuneration team to advise on financial implications of compensation and equity proposals
- Contribute to assessments of annual salary reviews, bonus calculations, and equity offers
- Oversee month-end processes to accurately account and report on employment and share-based payment expenses for the global workforce
- Oversee a global employee database for share-based compensation and associated financial impacts
- Drive process improvement for all financial reporting and budgeting of people-related costs and share-based payments expenses
- Extensive experience in accounting and financial management of global remuneration plans that include equity/share-based remuneration components
- Strong capability to build and maintain robust financial models to ensure the accuracy of data and provide insights to support financial performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related business/quantitative field, along with CA qualification
- Exceptional leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Process improvement and analytical mindset
- Thrive working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, where you are adaptable and hands on
- Highly organised, with high attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills are highly developed, with the ability to range between clear, succinct communications appropriate for Board- and Executive-level, through to presenting comprehensive, detail-orientated, complex analyses in a digestible way
Sign me Up!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices