Our mission is to bring sustainable biology to the world. Provectus uses Precision Photosynthesis® to accelerate nature in a proprietary biomanufacturing platform to produce some of the world's most valuable specialty ingredients, enabling industries in new ways and driving the next wave of agriculture, consumer and therapeutics products.
Headquartered in the idyllic Noosa, Australia, our team has built a viable, scalable and sustainable product development and biomanufacturing platform. We are now scaling operations, bringing products to global markets and expanding our product development pipeline to meet the demand from some of the world’s largest corporations.
The Natural Product Chemist will report to our Director of R&D and is responsible for leading our chemistry team. You must be an expert in analytical chemistry and biochemistry with demonstrated experience in extracting compounds from microbial and/or plant systems. A successful candidate in this role will identify natural products in our library of algae species, and create quantitative analytical methods to optimise their production
- Supervise >2 staff members and oversee all chemical analysis;
- Develop and implement strategies for quantitative and qualitative analysis of biochemical pathways and associated compounds;
- Perform cell based extraction, purification and analytics using chemical and mechanical extraction protocols, HPLC, LC-MS, GC and GC-MS.
- Use your knowledge and analytical capabilities to monitor and quantify product synthesis in real-time and provide feedback to the molecular biology and algae production teams to refine culture methods;
- Oversee the calibration and maintenance of instrumentation relevant to your role;
- Produce high level analytics and strategic reports for our leadership team;
- Maintain laboratory records, and contribute to laboratory organisation and maintenance;
- Be proactive in the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives within the laboratory;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust workload based on changing priorities.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, or related field in an industrial/commercial laboratory setting;
- Experience bioprospecting for natural products;
- Hands-on experience with HPLC, LC-MS, GC and GC-MS.
- >5 years industry experience;
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS);
- Experience establishing QC analytical methods for commercial products;
- Prior experience working with plant or algae products.
Opportunities we can offer:
- Opportunity to live and work on the Sunshine Coast
- Work life balance to allow the opportunity to enjoy the location
- The opportunity to work in a company on the forefront of sustainable products for the future
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- Robust internal culture with monthly team events
We are a progressive and creative team that firmly believes in diversity and equal opportunity as we build a world-leading organisation. We want the right people on the bus who strive to learn, aim for excellence and take pride in their achievements.