Employment Hero is an Australian SaaS start-up. Our platform is the easiest way for small to medium businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement and benefits.
We’re on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding, for everyone, whilst being a Remote First workplace with global ambitions!
We're looking for a Head of Engineering, who enjoys solving complex problems and combining their passion for both people and product. You will be responsible for leading, educating and mentoring our Engineering Managers, to ensure they lead their squads to success to help us achieve our company goals.
We have 4000 clients, and over 200,00 users that engage with our platform every day. The successful candidate will provide not only hands on technical leadership, but also create situations to ignite the professional growth and success within our Engineering team.
- Technical management and leadership to lead, educate, mentor and train Engineering Managers to lead their squads.
- Continuous review of engineering processes to evolve and develop operational frameworks to provide transparency, alignment and guidance for engineering efficiency.
- Continuously building and developing engineers and teams to meet a high quality of software engineering.
- Talent retention, resource allocation, skills development and organisational design to meet the continuous evolution of the company’s needs
- Complete ownership of system metrics and engineering performance metrics.
- Collaborating closely with the Security team to ensure our infrastructure and data is protected. Also working closely to respond to technical RFIs from government agencies and customers.
- Strong planning skills to drive several concurrent initiatives while identifying technical risks and risks to deadlines
- 3+ years building, and leading engineering teams as a Head of Engineering or Engineering Manager
- 5+ years designing complex systems as a Senior Engineer or specialist role
- 5+ years of programming experience in designing and developing one of these key areas: APIs, microservices, web applications, mobile applications, real-time applications
- Built and managed distributed engineering teams