Who we are:
Global success requires a like-minded community of people working together. Our team of energetic, savvy and passionate Finders is committed to guiding our audience through complex decisions. Every day, we help people save money, get better rewards and learn something new.
Finder is equally committed to helping our team grow, thrive and remain inspired to learn.
We have expanded around the globe and our crew of 400+ is now operating in offices across Sydney, New York, London, Toronto, Manila and Wroclaw. Finder continues to forge a global presence with a vision to become the world’s go-to destination for comparing – helping people to find better.
Achieving our mission of changing the way the world makes decisions requires a diverse mix of creative, passionate and innovative people. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and continually striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our people feel a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic selves to work.
We are seeking an experienced editor with a passion for cryptocurrency to join our dynamic team on a 3 month fixed-term contract with the potential to transition to a permanent role.
An editor at Finder will possess a wide range of skills in writing, editing, content improvement, idea generation, content management and SEO. Within your niche, you will take on the main responsibility for ensuring we have covered every aspect of a topic as effectively as possible.
You are considered a subject matter expert in cryptocurrency. You need to be able to write knowledgeably and quickly about cryptocurrency for readers across the world.
Expert knowledge of the cryptocurrency market and industry terminology is essential.
Indicative topics we've covered already in this area include: "Is it cost-effective to transfer money through Bitcoin?", "Forecasting Bitcoin and exchange rates" and “What is Bitcoin mining?".
Key Responsibilities include:
- Writing: Writing of topic guides, news stories, features, video scripts and other material within your niche.
- Improving and managing existing content: Editing and updating existing content to a consistent standard (as outlined in our style guide). Development of an ongoing content plan to ensure content remains up-to-date and compliant. Ensure all content is easily navigable and hyperlinked in all appropriate locations. Maintain an editorial map outlining all major content areas and tagging conventions.
- Content management and planning: Taking the lead with your niche publishing team to develop detailed content plans for the niche based on subject area knowledge and keyword research, covering both core content and timely news items.
- Monitor content performance. Work with your publisher to regularly monitor performance of newly-published and existing content.
- Competitive intelligence: monitor direct competitors in your niche in your country and globally for content ideas and trends. Maintain your knowledge of the industry and relevant developments.
- Internal intelligence. Ensure we make effective use of internal data sources (product information, PR research, analytics) across all our content.
- Build our crypto profile: Collaborate with the PR team to identify outreach opportunities. Write guest blogs and pitch story angles as appropriate.
- Content formatting and layout: Optimising the layout of articles for readability and conversion.
- Search optimisation: Ensure we maximise audiences through headlines, keywords, article structure and appropriate hyperlinking.
- Social media and paid amplification: Proactively identify content to be shared through finder's social media channels and work with our social media and marketing teams to ensure it is promoted effectively. Assist in production of email newsletters as needed.
- Video and podcasting: participate when appropriate in our podcasts and video production, and develop a strategy for suitable video content for your niche.
- Mentor writers in your niche. Help them develop writing, SEO and other skills.
- Collaboration with publishing and editorial team members: Working with the publisher, editor, news editor, editor-in-chief and other writers to ensure consistent and accurate coverage in your niche topic areas, identify areas where niches should collaborate for the most effective coverage of a topic, and to gain and share insights across the team.
- Email newsletter: Working with the Publisher where needed to prepare, write and edit email newsletters.
- Working with freelancers: Commission work from freelancers as required, manage existing team of freelancers and identify new writers as needed.
- Customer service: assist our customer service team to respond accurately to user questions
- Relationship building: build relationships with relevant industry contacts
Qualities we are looking for:
- Passion for creating remarkable content that helps users make effective comparisons and better decisions
- Able to write quickly and accurately with an engaging tone
- Effective in meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Management skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Enthusiastic, flexible, ethical, can-do approach
- Thirst for knowledge and desire for self-improvement
- Commitment to our core finder values: 1 crew, empower people, go live!, be straight up, master your craft