Established in 1995, ORIGO Education is an award-winning, internationally recognised leader in mathematics education for Grade K–6 age groups. With the vision of making learning mathematics meaningful, enjoyable, and accessible for all, ORIGO provides innovative resources for teachers and students.
Due to our continued expansion ORIGO Education has an exciting role for an experienced Web Developer.
As a global company, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with both our Australian and US Teams and meaningfully contribute to our mission; we make mathematics meaningful, enjoyable and accessible for all.
The role is flexible both in terms of hours and location. We have offices based on the North Side of Brisbane but offer remote working environments to our staff.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive proof of concepts
- Design and develop interactive HTML5 based applications and resources
- Maintain our existing systems and applications
- Assist project planning and scheduling by providing technical recommendations, task breakdowns and associated timings.
You will be a team player with initiative, excellent problem-solving abilities and a positive attitude.
Ideally, you’ll meet the majority of these requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Multimedia or related course and demonstrated experience in a similar role (ideally 3+ years)
- Strong, proven user interface design knowledge and experience, including the creation of wireframes and mock-ups.
- Proven advanced client-side development capabilities using HTML5, CSS pre-processors, frameworks and libraries.
- Proven intermediate middleware and server-side development experience using PHP, Node.js, MySQL
What we offer
- Friendly, inclusive environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements- work from home or the office
- Training opportunities
- Regular social events
- Free onsite parking
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining a highly respected industry leader, click the APPLY button and provide a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience as it relates to this role.
We thank you for taking the time to send us your application for this role. We will begin the shortlisting process immediately. Due to the high number of applications we will only contact the candidates who will progress through to the selection process.
Diversity is invaluable – in backgrounds and lived experiences. Education is a global concern and we need people who reflect the rich diversity of global populations to help build a brighter future for all.
Please note the successful candidate must provide full Australian working rights.
Visit our web site https://www.origoeducation.com.au for more information