Day-in-a-Life of our People & Culture Coordinator
Our People & Culture team is expanding and we’re looking for a people-centric and motivated individual to join our rapidly growing team in this newly created People and Culture Coordinator role. With your drive and enthusiasm, your role will be critical to helping us make Nourish the work home for awesome people who want to change the way the world eats for the better.
The People and Culture Coordinator will be a pivotal member of the people and culture team, supporting all elements from recruitment, human resources, culture and other projects and initiatives.
This year we’ve grown from a head count in the single digits to a team of 25 – and we’re not stopping there! The next stage of our growth is about to commence, and we need someone to come on board who can help us deliver amazing candidate and employee experiences. This role will provide the perfect opportunity for a creative people mind who wants to be part of an exciting and rapidly growing start up.
Type of projects you’ll be working on
As a People & Culture Coordinator at Nourish, you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats! Key immediate areas of focus will be:
- Delivering an amazing candidate experience through supporting the recruitment process – assisting with screening of prospective resumes/CVs, screening interviews, coordination of interviews, reference checks, sourcing candidates on LinkedIn
- Administering offers and contracts of employment
- Coordinating the onboarding and induction for all new employees
- Coordinating the off-boarding program for employees ensuring exit surveys/interviews are conducted with all employees, company assets have been returned such as laptops and phones, liaising with payroll, IT and external partners to close off access
- Maintaining the HR inbox
- Acting as a first point of contact for recruitment enquiries
- Administering our ATS Greenhouse
- Organizing employee gifts and celebrations
- Support the people and culture team to implement new technologies to support our growing team
- A positive, bright and bubbly personality with a can-do attitude
- Previous experience in a people and culture role (or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, building trusting relationships and maintaining confidentiality
- A high level of resilience and composure
- Ability to multitask and manage the everyday tasks with the more urgent and immediate tasks
- Impeccable attention to detail
- High-level verbal and written communications skills including the ability to effectively deal with staff in a highly confidential and professional manner.
- Experience working across Applicant Tracking Systems (experience with Greenhouse would be a bonus!)
- Enthusiasm and interest for technology to elevate employee and candidate experience
It would be great, but absolutely not necessary, if you also had:
- Experience working within a fast-moving, scaling organisation
- An HR qualification (or working toward one)
- Passionate about people
- Professional, positive, warm and upbeat
- Tech savvy to help us identify and implement our HR tech stack
- Someone who demonstrates empathy, kindness & honesty at all moments
- A resilient multi-tasker who can work in a dynamic, agile and ever-changing environment
- Mature minded with the tendency to be objective and look at both sides
- Highly personable with the ability to quickly build rapport, influence and read people
- Located in Canberra (or willing to relocate)
The world is your plant-based oyster! This is a pivotal role that will provide you with an opportunity shape and develop our culture during an exciting time of local and global growth. We want everyone at Nourish to have equal access to success and joy, and this role will be integral in driving both of these things to the team!
- Opportunity to be part of something big as we set out to change the way the planet looks at sustainable, plant-based alternatives.
- A supportive, flexible and collaborative environment
- Flexible work options including scope to work remotely some of the time
- Work alongside some of the world’s leading science, food technology, fermentation and synthetic biology organisations and innovators
- Opportunities for meaningful ownership in the company.
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals
**Maybe this role is not for you if:
- You need a lot of direction or a roadmap to start a project.
- Prefer to have a role with specific focus. As a startup team member, you will need to wear many hats and get your hands dirty with tasks and projects outside of the traditional scope of this role
Here’s how to apply:
Send us your CV now along with a brief cover letter telling us about:
- Why you’re the best person for this job and why you want to work for Nourish Ingredients
- A time you made a big impact in the workplace and how you did it
Position Enquiries: [email protected]