Hi, We’re hipages. Australia's largest online tradie marketplace.
We're Australia's largest online tradie marketplace, where our team gets to help shape the on-demand tradie economy. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds. Our purpose of Creating Happier homes through Effortless Home Improvement drives our curious, creative and energised team to achieve this.
How you make an impact:
The Senior Engagement & Retention Manager will make a transformative change in the way hipages grow. Working cross-functionally you will drive customer advocacy, increase engagement and improve LTV across both sides of our marketplace.
You’ll help shape the next chapter of hipages Group’s engagement strategy across the hipages marketplace, Tradiecore and any future brands that make up the hipages Group. You will have access to not only data and tools, but access to a team of talented designers, marketers, engineers and product managers to help bring your strategy to life. You’ll also provide marketing input and support to other critical cross-functional projects that impact customer experience through lifecycle marketing and product marketing.
How you will add value:
- Work with other Marketing Leaders to produce a 360-degree growth plan. Working collaboratively, you will define the roadmap on how hipages continues to hit its growth targets both this FY and into the future.
- Focus on our most important metrics. On the tradie side of the marketplace, you’ll lead the analysis to help us understand what drives retention and what drives churn. On the consumer side of the marketplace, you’ll similarly map out a consumer engagement strategy to identify the opportunities to engage consumers and increase monetization.
- Define your team structure and resource requirements, then build the business case. You’ll work with the VP Marketing and VP Product to design the ideal team to deliver against the strategy, build your business case and pitch for resources.
- Be a world-class coach. You will have a team of talented, up-and-coming lifecycle marketers in your team, plus any new hires the plan dictates. You’ll need to be adept at nurturing their skills and talent to ensure they perform at the best of their ability.
- Drive a culture of collaboration, respect and ownership. Growth is more than just marketing. It comes from bringing together individuals from a range of backgrounds and skillsets to tackle a problem holistically. Key to your success will be the ability to navigate across teams and drive alignment and collaboration to ensure you can execute across multiple customer touchpoints.
- Impact the bottom line. You understand that ‘user engagement’ is not fluff. Your plan will improve the retention and monetization of audiences on both sides of the marketplace, which has a direct and very feasible impact on hipages revenue.
- Enablement through technology. This role will not only be responsible for defining the plan but producing the MarTech roadmap to help deliver against it.
- 8+ years experience in a role primarily focussed on user engagement, retention or LTV for a digital product.
- Experience marketing digital products to small businesses: ideally, to sole traders or small businesses.
- A deep understanding of 4-5 of the following disciplines, and a working knowledge of the rest: lifecycle marketing, marketing automation, CRM, retention loops, segmentation, monetization strategies, content marketing, website management, product management, user experience.
- 3+ years experience leading a team of marketers, engineers, analysts, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Braze, Looker, or similar.
- HTML and email design, campaign optimization, SQL, marketing automation.
- SaaS, online marketplace and the MarTech landscape knowledge is highly favored.
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit, and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location-based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties, and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!