What are we looking for?
An experienced self-starter with a sense of curiosity, keen attention to detail, the ability to communicate professionally both externally and internally, and the ability to execute. A capacity for external engagement and representing the organization at startup community events is a must. This position is not for those who shy away from a challenge or who need a lot of structure; it demands someone who is ready from day one to take initiative, dive in, learn the ropes and take on responsibility.
Program Manager Responsibilities.
- Work closely with the National Program Manager on every stage of program execution, including planning, execution, and wrap up
- Manage virtual and in-person program development and execution, including leading candidate selection meetings, working closely with current and prospective sponsors, forming expert panels from our advisory pool, and producing our virtual and in-person Bootcamps, workshops and events
- Prepare team briefings on status of recruitment, event logistics, and ongoing projects
- Manage the production of program related documents and materials, including setting deadlines
- Suggest women from our network for speaking roles, panel spots and awards
- Coordinate with venues, vendors, and key attendees for in person meetings, events, and workshops and brief team on status
- Draft program related communications and materials, including recruitment e-blasts, advisor correspondence, newsletters, and event brochures
- Enhance database of pipeline organizations including other accelerators, non-profits, service providers, investors, and conference organizers
- Support management and follow up of alumnae requests including introductions to experts in our network and requests for promotion of publications or events
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Create and manage on-site workflow and agenda/schedule
- Provide clear direction to staff on-site to successfully manage events
- Engage partners and advisors in event promotion
- Reporting on program outcomes at all stages of the program
- Participate in Blog writing
What characteristics are we looking for in a candidate?
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Deadline oriented and able to manage shifting priorities
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once and understanding where everything falls into the greater vision of the organization
- Communicates effectively internally and externally
- Highly organized with an affinity for spreadsheets
- Awareness of the priorities on the team and ability to anticipate snags that may arise
- Team oriented and never says ‘that’s not my job’
- Understands the importance of diverse perspectives
- Eagerness to take ownership of projects and ability to take initiative and follow through to make them successful
SBE Australia focuses on accelerating women-led businesses. We consider this an essential focus given the under representation of women in business, executive positions and decision-making roles. At SBE we are very conscious of diversity and inclusion and the sensitivities surrounding diversity and inclusion.
As an organisation we believe innovation relies on diversity and diverse perspectives. We prefer to send subtle messages in all our marketing and communications (through imagery and inclusive language) to show we embrace diversity and inclusion.
We welcome any women-led business to apply to be part of our team and our programs, regardless of race, ethnicity, ability, religious beliefs, socio-economic status or sexual preference.
- Competitive salary with bonuses
- Be part of a small agile and fun team and a large global network who make a big difference to women led businesses
- Flexibility with hours (outside of the programs and events)
- Work from home and/or in a co-working space (when possible)
- Additional parental leave benefits
About SBE Australia.
SBE Australia is a not for profit organisation that runs programs including the Springboard Enterprises Tech and Life Sciences Programs, and community events that aim to support women-led businesses to establish solid business fundamentals as they begin their start-up journey. We help accelerate their growth and scale their business, getting them ready for investment at a global level.
Over the past eight years we have helped 69 women-led businesses raise over $584m in capital, including $124m raised in 2020.
SBE Australia produces three programs with the engagement of our sponsors and partners:
- Springboard Enterprises Tech Program - aimed scalable tech businesses ready for international expansion and significant capital investment
- Springboard Enterprises Life Sciences Program - aimed at healthcare and life science companies developing solutions in pharma, including new drugs, diagnostics, pharma technologies, and drug-delivery devices
- E3 Empower, Evolve, Escalate - aimed at early stage tech businesses focused on getting investor ready
Want to know how to apply?
Email our National Program Manager Olivia Doherty - [email protected]. Please include a cover letter and a written response to address your interest in SBE Australia. We are seeking candidates who are thoughtful about their application and can articulate why this role is a fit with your professional goals.