Established in 1995, ORIGO Education is an award-winning, internationally recognised leader in mathematics education for Grade K–6 age groups. With the vision of making learning mathematics meaningful, enjoyable, and accessible for all, ORIGO provides award-winning, innovative resources for teachers and students.
ORIGO Education believes diversity is invaluable – in backgrounds and lived experiences – as education is a global concern. We need people who reflect the rich diversity of global populations to help build a brighter future for all. Due to continued and successful growth, ORIGO Education is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Graphic Designer to join our dedicated and talented in-house design team.
We are ideally looking for someone who is innovative, not afraid to challenge the status quo, and wants to be part of our digital journey while complementing the creation of our bespoke education products.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Conceptualise and deliver high quality illustrations and page layout for digital and print production
- Utilising all available resources to improve design processes for print and digital products including adhering to relevant project management processes and tools.
- Assisting with driving accuracy in the design of all Production’s materials and driving the adherence to established branding style guides.
- Training, mentoring, and reviewing Graphic Designers work as required or directed by the Design Manager.
Note – After an initial onboarding period, this position will have the flexibility to be hybrid; a combination of remote (from home) and in office, upon negotiation with the Design Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
To be successful in this role, you will be a team player who is highly organised, with a positive, can-do attitude and a desire to learn. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in graphic design or visual arts (or other relevant discipline).
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role (ideally 5+ years) within a publishing or creative environment.
- Demonstrated experience at an intermediate to advanced level in designing for print, online, learner-centred education.
- Intermediate to high level sense of design, layout, and typography, with an ability to offer a variety of design solutions for digital and print applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and application in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite or other design software (e.g. InDesign) with the ability and demonstrated experience using HTML application software.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and application in innovative design methods and tools for online content delivery.
- Strong team work ethic and interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to liaise successfully with in-house and external cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Culture fit and attitude are also highly important to this team, so a passion for the work you do, an interest in maths education, and the ability to understand and work within our vision, mission, and values is paramount to your success in this role.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining a highly respected industry leader, apply now and provide a copy of your CV, a cover letter and portfolio, outlining your experience as it relates to this role.
We thank you for taking the time to send us your application for this role. We assess every application and will contact you directly if you are successful in moving to the next stage.