Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
To ensure day-to-day Logistics and fulfilment processes run smoothly including but not limited to; inbound deliveries, inventory management, storage, customer order fulfilment & last mile delivery.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Develop and maintain key relationships with stakeholders at fulfilment centres and delivery partners
- Monitor the daily activity of fulfilment centres and transport partners to ensure the Koala customer service level and agreed SLA’s are maintained.
- Work closely with the Planning team and International Manager to ensure inbound freight deliveries are scheduled correctly and receipted on time
- Assist in internal warehouse transfers, sourcing the most efficient transport and delivery options
- Maintain inventory accuracy and conduct month end stock reconciliations
- Maintain new product launch timelines and prioritise fulfilment centres & courier activities to ensure successful launch
- Provide input & feedback on process improvements while maintaining a continuous improvement perspective to support Koala’s growth
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Conduct regular warehouse site visits to ensure the agreed service level is maintained
- Either direct experience with Logistics & warehousing, or transferable skills based on providing a high level of customer satisfaction from overseeing delivery to customers. Preferred skills include:
- Initiative. Ability to act independently with a sense of urgency when needed, and knowing when urgency is needed.
- Customer focus. Ability to see what the customer sees and focus attention on either achieving what is expected or ensuring customer expectations are managed
- Continuous improvement mindset. Not content with ‘status quo’, always thinking of how to make it better for Koala & for the customer
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental and more leaves to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
Monthly barbies and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.