About Great Wrap
Great Wrap is on a mission to reinvent today’s materials to solve tomorrow’s problems.
Sounds pretty great right? We think so too.
If you’ve ever wanted to shape an entire industry or work with a team doing something truly good for the planet then read on. Great Wrap is the fastest growing manufacturer of compostable packaging in the world right now and we are currently developing new technologies to change the way we do things, which will continue to revolutionise the industry.
Do you love building teams of people + practices in a high-growth company where you have the opportunity to build from scratch.
If so then please apply!
About The Role
Do you ever feel constrained by systems and processes that don't add value? Or have you been involved in a high growth startup and want to take the next step in your career? If so then please apply. In this role we want someone who is all about creating amazing roles for the Finance Team around you. Investing in the technology and automation that will allow you and your team to cut out the laborious nature of the finance function and add value to the wider Great Wrap team.
You will get to join the team early and build the foundations for taking millions of tonnes of plastic waste out of our natural environments. Your design of a scalable and tech enabled Finance Team will add fuel to the growth of Great Wrap.
You have the ability to
- Think strategically - act locally. We are a rapidly growing team but there will be times when you are required to roll up your sleeves
- Communicate excellently with your team, the Broader Head’s of Team and Management Team
- Understand and grow Great Wrap’s unique culture of Honesty, Safety and Purpose
- Be an influential people leader and create Great jobs within in your team
- Be an independent thinker and who can solve problems on the run
You will be in a role that
- Champions the establishment of a global expansion of the Finance Team
- Creates Great jobs for the Finance Team by investing in technology and systems that allow you and your team to best utilise their skills in a proactive manner
- Supports Head of Strategy & Co-Founders in Capital Raise (both equity and debt) efforts
- Prepares management reports on a regular basis to aid in operational and strategic decision making
- Oversees and drive accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinates and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Coordinates the preparation of regulatory reporting including Auditing Standards
- Leads month-end and year-end close process
- Designs and maintains a databook that analyses all key financial and operational data points on a monthly basis
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manages and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develops and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
You will have experience in
- Working in or with a Startup, Scale-up and/or Venture Capital/Private Equity backed business
- Financial leadership for a multinational growing business
- Building out a finance department
- Professional services
- Raising capital
- Creating Audited Financial Statements
- Implementing and transitioning accounting software
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CAANZ or CPA qualification
- A relevant university degree
One of the greatest things about this role is you get to change the world. You are in charge of removing millions of kilograms of plastic waste from the environment every year! Being that you are responsible for this, then we want you to have ownership of the company too. In this role you will receive a percentage of the company or ESOP.