Section is looking for deeply technical engineers that are capable of developing our core product platform. As a large system, you’ll need to be able to move up and down the stack.
You’ll be working in a small, strong cross functional and cross timezone team.
Your contributions will include building new systems, upgrades to the existing systems, and day to day operations of the systems we build.
- Your work will be impactful. Our category is very early stage and the upside potential is dramatic both at Section and in the edge computing sector
- Section is all about engineering. Founded by and filled with talented engineers
- Cutting edge languages, tools and frameworks. Lots of early technology adoption
- Lots of workplace flexibility. Work from home. Work from our offices in Boulder, Denver, or Sydney
- Great employee benefits. Equity options and competitive compensation. Unlimited vacation days
- Section is very employee-centric. Last year’s company retreat held in Hawaii
- We are an international company and you’ll have the opportunity to travel to and from Australia and the USA
- Architect, build, deploy and operate new platform components for distributed workloads
- Document operational processes and procedures related to platform components
- Mentor peers and consult with internal customers on edge computing technologies
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- 7+ years general systems engineering experience - you will have demonstrated an ability to build systems from the ground up
- Expert-level skills in Linux
- Experience architecting solutions using modern frameworks for metrics collection, alerting and visualization, e.g. Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Experience with time series data bases, e.g. M3DB, InfluxDB, CrateDB, Whisper
- Experience with container orchestration solutions, e.g. Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale deployments involving private, hybrid, and/or public cloud platforms
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Ability to write software in Golang, Python and many languages
- Solid foundations in networking TCP/IP, especially DNS and HTTP.
- BGP Anycast network creation and operation
- Strong networking: ECMP, GUE, DPDK, PowerDNS, CoreDNS
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for low latency, high throughput systems
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!