Koala’s mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are seeking a dynamic lawyer to support Koala lean into its audacious mission and purpose. The role will include leading transformation projects and will touch a wide range of legal, governance, risk and compliance matters across the global business. Would suite a 3-5 year commercial lawyer keen to learn and excited to join an innovative disruptor aiming to do social good.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Bringing curiosity to partner with business teams and provide quality practical legal advice across a range of areas, including supply chain, tech, e-commerce, finance, compliance and marketing.
- Reviewing and drafting a range of commercial agreements.
- Researching and identifying legal risk and advising on appropriate mitigations.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of strategies to streamline business processes, both internally and externally.
- Assisting the Company Secretary to meet the obligations, duties and responsibilities under the Corporations Act and manage company secretarial documentation.
- Providing support in managing commercial disputes as may arise.
- Compiling, preparing and delivering training on a range of legal and compliance issues.
- Playing a key role in designing and bringing new ideas and initiatives to fruition!
- Legal qualification in Australia.
- 3-5 PQE with experience in an in-house legal environment, ideally with an e-commerce background. Candidates from a commercial firm interested in making the move inhouse may be considered.
- Loves to communicate verbally and graphically, and has the ability to get to the heart of a matter quickly.
- Tech savvy with a keen interest in exploring software solutions that provide automation to build efficiency.
- Good commercial and contract drafting skills and experience in negotiating and reviewing agreements.
- Can work both autonomously, in a team environment and across remote settings.
- An eye for detail and urge to maintain high standards and get things done.
- Driven by solving problems to deliver solutions on time and in pragmatic, (fun and) creative ways.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset: bring your previous experience to improve things at Koala & for our customers.
- Presentation extraordinaire - bring your creatives to the fore.
- Knowledge of G-Suite is also highly desired
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Hybrid working - We’re mixing it up with a couple of days back in the Alexandria Treehouse (office) and work from bed/home (WFB); we want you to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe (T&Cs apply)!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Tuesday lunches, Monthly barbies, socials and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - via our Learning Management platform Juno, as well as individual and team growth budgets and dedicated days.
- Short and long-term incentive plans ensure you benefit as Koala succeeds!
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding, 1% and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.